*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216019-Black-bird-white-bird
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #2216019
Two birds on a wire
The two birds sat quietly on the telephone wire. There was a subtle wind, a premonition of a light rain, but nothing immediate. And of the birds, not much could be said: One was black, one was white, and they both enjoyed eachother's presence. The white bird was chipper, energetic. The black was just about the opposite.

The white bird wanted to fly away, and tried, but stopped himself mid-flap, with the black one watching close. Without his friend? Not if he could help it! "Cmon, there's more to life than this!" The white bird said. The other said "I'm tired". But the white bird was unperturbed. The black one said "I want to as well", but he lied. He quite liked the wire.

The sky turned overcast. Whether they stayed or flew away, nobody cared. Still, the white bird tried. "Two birds of a feather should stay together!", to which the black bird replied "I'll let go, and follow, you go on ahead." But he lied.

And so the white bird started flapping its wings once more, but noticed that his friend wasn't moving. "Trust me, I want to go as well. I'll follow you, just go." The black bird said. And so the white bird left, with the black bird watching close.

But the black bird was a liar.

© Copyright 2020 Spring Cameagain (snack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216019-Black-bird-white-bird