*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216308-Students-cheat-on-schoolwork-why
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #2216308
Some students decide to cheat on schoolwork even though they know it is not acceptable.
Cheating is a social crime, but what is to say of some students who decide to cheat on schoolwork even though they know it is not acceptable. There are many causes of cheating on schoolwork by students, yet causes vary from student to student. Sometimes, students themselves are responsible for their scrimshanks, but other factors must not be left idle, also.

First, being afraid of failure is the cause that some students may decide to cheat on schoolwork. Fear of losing marks, low grades, and insult are some kinds of fears of failure in students. And fears, when put a lot of pressure on students, they cheat on schoolwork. Fears make them feel low of themselves. That results in the loss of confidence and drive the students to cheat." I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating" as said, Sophocles.


Second, some students cheat on schoolwork because they can't do that work. This may happen for many reasons. First, they don't focus on the work and ignore studies, especially in the class their attention is almost zero. Second, students show a lack of interest in their studies and move to other interests. Such students think nothing except to cheat on schoolwork.


Finally, students cheat to achieve high grades. Nishant Chauhan, a writer, says in a quote "When students cheat on exams it is because our school system values grade more than students value learning". Most of the schools promote the grading system which puts a lot of pressure on students for studies. However, lazy students rather than hard work prefer to cheat on schoolwork.


To sum up, sometimes students and sometimes other factors determine the causes of cheating in students. The need of the hour is to take steps to minimize the reasons for cheating in students. Otherwise, it will contribute to bad effects.
© Copyright 2020 Dia's diary (sadiali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216308-Students-cheat-on-schoolwork-why