*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216477-Messages-From-Heaven
by bandit
Rated: E · Article · Death · #2216477
Messages we received when my Uncle passed.
My mother was 92, and this day would be a particularly unusual day for her. Midmorning she was in her usual place: her favorite lounge chair. I went every day to her house to take care of her. Little did I know when I left my house this day how hard it would be to get through the day. Her brother had been in the hospital. We knew he was not doing well but we were not expecting the phone call we received.
Then the phone rang. It was my cousin to tell me his father had passed. I hung up the phone and had to take a breath. Last week he was doing well. Today, he had left us to join his Heavenly Father.
I laid the receiver down and told my mother it was my cousin. She asked how her brother was. Just getting the words out of my mouth was very difficult. I finally told her he had passed. She took a breath then cried.
For hours she sat quietly. She wasn't a real talkative person but now the life had gone out of her face. She normally smiled a lot and had a certain amount of character in her face. Now she was withdrawn. Normal for the shock of the news, I thought.
Sometime midafternoon she finally spoke. She wanted to go outside. Her mobility was limited to a walker. I helped her out the back door and onto the deck where she sat in a nearby chair. We had just sat down when a beautiful butterfly came and landed at her feet. It walked up to her, looked up then flew away. Then a male cardinal landed on a tree in front of us, crossed over to another tree where it was met by a female cardinal then they flew off together.
I found these events a little odd, so I researched the meaning of the butterfly and the cardinals. The presence of a butterfly after a death represents the recent passing. The presence of the cardinals refers to the ascension into Heaven. So, the interpretation is the butterfly was the message her brother had passed. The male cardinal was the message he had been received into Heaven and the second female cardinal was his wife who had passed two years prior.
After seeing these events we both felt more at ease. Mother seemed better the rest of the day. While still grieving, she tolerated his loss as well as could be expected. Look for the signs from Heaven. They will bring you peace!
© Copyright 2020 bandit (sgheath68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216477-Messages-From-Heaven