*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216884-Carolina-Holidays
by bandit
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2216884
When going home for the holidays means finding a new love interest.
It was business as usual in the studio. The first day of a new recording session with a new artist was always trying. I had found him just six weeks ago singing out on Music Row like a lot of young artists do. He was talented to a fault, but sometimes stubborn as all men are and equally arrogant. He wanted to do things “his way” even if “his way” was dead wrong. Convincing him I knew the best way to channel his talent was sucking the life out of me! He was slowly realizing that maybe I did know a thing or two. The problem was, it shouldn't have this difficult. Many years in the studio taught me a lot but didn't do anything for my patience.
Here I was now again staring down through the thick glass studio window into a face that still didn't “get it”. I mean it wasn't like this was my first rodeo. This was my studio, my artist, my risk! My patience was dwindling! In order to get on my label he would ultimately have to do it my way. He may have the talent, but it was my money and time that was at risk and at this pace I was beginning to question whether it was going to be worth it. Certainly he could see the frustration in my face. What he didn't realize was, Nashville was full of young talented artists beating the pavement, singing for tips, and anything else it took to get the break I had just given this guy and he was on the verge of blowing it.
© Copyright 2020 bandit (sgheath68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216884-Carolina-Holidays