*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2217029-The-killing-of-the-Good
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #2217029
The killing of the Good
Can you look at our society and come up with different title? If you can, please ignore my writing.
I am 44 years old and still sometimes question my existence.
I couldn’t come up with different title; observation of our life itself led me to it.
I do consider our life a book that we start reading from the day one and also believe that nothing is new under the Sun, meaning that all the priceless guidelines already have been given to us by the great minds of Humanity. Many of them, whom I love and understand, will surface in the end of my writing for you to enjoy. All of them did pass the test of time and surely you know many of them.
My mind is in a healthy stage, free and clear of countless and forcible opinion molding factors.
I do believe that the Goodness is being killed in almost every aspect of our lives. The protection and survival will be more achievable if we can see and recognize those attacks in timely manner. The killing methods and instruments soon will be analyzed and filtered in your mind and who knows, might even pass to your permanent memory. This small work won’t resurrect the ones who are lost, but surely will save some young and bright minds.
The Life itself
If you don’t see the life as a boiling and tense “battlefield” where you’ve to fight for every single day than most probably you are a teenager, and please thank your parents for fighting the fight for you. It was a battlefield and always will be. There is nothing more natural than nature itself with its cruel laws. But you see, the natural selection doesn’t appear as a surprise but rather as the only driving force that rules. In our society there is no single rule to follow; therefore we are subject to far more attacks from different dimensions and angles. Constantly being on an edge is the only way to survive and prosper. The perfection is limitless, but instead of achieving more, we are destroying the golden base we’ve inherited from the past.
Life’s cruelty level was rising with my age and understanding, but seems like it was always ahead of me to keep me surprised and reintroducing over and over the unimaginable human inner world. This very same human inner world did allow the construction and creation of the destructive system for its own kind.
Use the small fish to get the big fish. Self-sustained system was created to enslave the population and the whole thing is based on the human greediness. The ones, who were allowed to benefit from the system, will gladly destroy their fellow citizens to keep the things the way they are. The most brilliant “Divide and conquer” had worked perfectly through millennia’s and continues to work with unprecedented strength. Therefore our society is so divided, people have hatred for each other, and most importantly they are in the confused state. Our society, instead of understanding that we are in the same boat all together has been brilliantly manipulated to the extent that “Strangers” exist. Any negative and criminal news will be broadcast in details many times to leave a mark on your mind. Your fellow citizen next door, who almost lives identical life with you, will start to look suspicious in your eyes and the other way around. We must realize divided we are lost. The nature itself calls for a rational and logical lifestyle.
Sometimes we wonder what we should give to our kids. What kind of advice and guidelines for life? The only rule in life is that there are no certain rules. The mind is limitless and flexible when it’s free. I am not aware of any single formula that helps to deal with daily stress but there are things you need to know to prosper in life. The experience we gain in our lifetime will be more useful to our children than the assets we leave to them.
They say only few out of thousand sea turtles will survive to adulthood, sadly our current society isn’t much different. To avoid valuable experience and knowledge exchange between generations, they often portray our old and wise fathers and grandparents as not “cool”, unaware and half minded persons that repeat themselves over and over. That’s the first step of a major disconnect.
The most desirable targets always were and are the teenagers. They are beautiful and healthy, they are truly our most valuable assets, and they are the results of hard work of our lifetime. If you take out any teenager from their parent’s life, most parents will be left with nothing. Teenagers are eager and ready to explore whatever they have been served. And they’ve been served the bad stuff, starting from early years of school, movies and cartoons, songs, computer games and internet, all of that works against traditional values. Any person who has the courage to look and dive into our school system will be seriously shocked.
By every possible means the current system is degrading our future society. The seeds of the un-functional society had partly been sown. Most vulnerable teenagers have no chance of making into adulthood in good physical and mental health. They are too many factors to name, but the sad truth is that there is no protection of any kind offered by the government. No one is protected from aggressive and confusing business attacks that have converted our society into one, huge consuming body.
The most dangerous, destructive and deadly weapon you own it’s in your living room. It’s large, thin and colorful with many and many channels. Unknowingly you’ve paid money to destroy your own family from inside. Slowly but surely you are being hypnotized into the future world of virtual reality, to only find out later that that’s the only thing you can afford in your life. Unfortunately all this technological marvels are set to work against us.
Let’s see if we differ much from the sea turtle’s in terms of surviving, reaching adulthood and reproducing.
The starting point in life circle we can take the newborn baby, but human “adulthood” would be fair to define as a 45 year old male, successfully married with at least three children, financially stable, owns his house and car free and clear, and no debts at all. That’s what I guess success means for most of us.
If you think the number is higher than 7 percent, then, hope you don’t mind me saying that you are very optimistic person but lacking some seriously vital and essential information. Yes, only 7 percent of us reach to above described success. In normal functioning society the number should be 70 at least. If someone wonders from where I am getting my data, it’s all publicly available statistics from governmental sites. Its all there, just put the numbers in the right sequence to see the complete picture.
Now please enjoy quotes from my favorite minds who ever lived.

Friedrich Schiller
The universe is one of God's thoughts.
You can’t love the good if you don’t hate the evil.
It does not prove a thing to be right because the majority say it is so.
Man grows as his ambitions grow.
Rather a painful ending than endless pain.
Truth suffers no loss if a vehement youth fails in finding it.
A noble heart will always capitulate to reason. ...
The voice of the majority is no proof of justice.

Stendhal
It’s a big art to inject beautiful ideas to people, that will teach them to sacrifice everything for the perfection of humanity.

Henry David Thoreau
As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.

Sophocles
Fortune cannot aid those who do nothing.

Epicurus
I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.

Wayne W. Dyer
The highest form of ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.

Mark Twain
The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.

Demosthenes
Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true.

Anatole France
To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything.
Elbert Green Hubbard
The idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all.

Socrates
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Publius vergilius maro
Happy the man who knows the causes of things.
Fortune favours the brave.
They can because they think they can.
Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Hold on and be strong for the future.
Through pain I've learned to comfort suffering men.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Whatever you cannot understand, you cannot possess.
A person hears only what they understand.
Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this.
For I have been a man, and that means to have been a fighter.
With knowledge grows doubt.
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
Live dangerously and you live right.
Happy is the man who recalls his ancestors with pride and realized that fate has linked him with a race of goodly men.
Fight till the last gasp.
You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
The world remains ever the same.
He, who afraid of the idea, eventually loses the ability of understanding.
That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part.
No one is more hopelessly enslaved than the person who falsely believes he is free.

Edmond de Goncourt
If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion.

Leonardo da Vinci
I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.
It's easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.

Nature never breaks her own laws.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see.
Water is the driving force of all nature.
You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.

Aristotle
A democracy is a government in the hands of men of low birth, no property, and vulgar employment.
The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.
Life demands movement.
No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.
We cannot learn without pain.
We make war that we may live in peace.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
People generally despise where they flatter.
Nature does nothing uselessly.

Balzac, Honore de
Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact.
Bureaucracy is a giant mechanism operated by pygmies.
Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.
I do not regard a broker as a member of the human race.
Idea is much higher than the fact.
Behind every great fortune lies a great crime.
When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.

Cicero Marcus Tullius
More law, less justice.
Next to God we are nothing. To God we are Everything.
True nobility is exempt from fear.
To live is to think.
Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system.

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
Little evil would be done in the world if evil never could be done in the name of good.

Pittacus
That state is best ordered when the wicked have no command, and the good have.

Bonaparte, Napoleon
The art of government is not to let me grow stale.
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.



Democritus
Everywhere man blames nature and fate yet his fate is mostly but the echo of his character and passion, his mistakes and his weaknesses.

No one regards the things before his feet, But views with care the regions of the sky.

It isn't a word, but a misfortune, is a fools' teacher.

Miguel de Cervantes
Facts are the enemy of truth.
God bears with the wicked, but not forever.
That's the nature of women, not to love when we love them, and to love when we love them not.

Boiste Pierre Claude
One who has lost confidence can lose nothing more.

Bernard George Shaw
Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
Beware of the man, who's god is in the sky.

Beecher, Henry Ward
A man that does not know how to be angry does not know how to be good.

John Dalberg-Acton
The strong man with the dagger is followed by the weak man with the sponge.

Apuleius
Familiarity breeds contempt, while rarity wins admiration.

William Shakespeare
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Rumi
Move, but don’t move the way fear makes you move.
Shine like the whole universe is yours.
Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.
The soul is here for its own joy.
Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
Dance until you shatter yourself.
Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
The lion is most handsome when looking for food.
Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.
We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.
Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.
What you seek is seeking you.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
There is a voice that doesn’t use words, listen.
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
The whole universe is contained within a single human being – you.
When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.
It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.
Let silence take you to the core of life.
Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise.
Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.
All People Smile in the Same Language.

VOLTAIRE
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.

John Adams
The question before the human race is, whether the God of Nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?

Benjamin Franklin
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.

Quintus Horatius
One man with courage makes a majority.

Herodotus
He is the best man who, when making his plans, fears and reflects on everything that can happen to him, but in the moment of action is bold.

Baruch Spinoza
Will and Intellect are one and the same thing.

Terentius
When two persons do the same thing, the results are not the same.

Helvetius
The man who believes he can do it is probably right.
To limit the press is to insult a nation ; to prohibit reading of certain books is to declare the inhabitants to be either fools or slaves.
What does the history of religions teach us? That they have everywhere lighted up the torch of intolerance, strewed the plains with corpses, enibrued the fields with blood, burned cities, and laid waste empires ; but that they have never made men better.

Epictetus
Manage your passions, otherwise the passion’s will manage you.

Kabus
There is nothing more worthless than someone, from whom people can’t get any use, but also can’t get any loss.

Terence
The truth gives birth to hate.

Plato
Democracy passes into despotism.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.

Decimus Junius Juvenalis
Nature never says one thing and wisdom another.

Ulpian
The strong will resist and the weak will say anything to end the pain.

Ernest Renan
Our opinions become fixed at the point where we stop thinking.

Albert Schweitzer
Truth is destined to be mocked at first, but then to be recognized.

George Herbert
Be calm in arguing: for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy.

Seneca
The braveness will die, if there is no fight.
Insults from the fool as good as the compliments.
Courage leads to heaven; fear to death.
The language of truth is simple.




© Copyright 2020 Chained (sschained at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2217029-The-killing-of-the-Good