*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218632-Here-Comes-Trouble
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2218632
Flash Fiction
"Use your fingertips to rub the fat into the flour. That's it, you got it." Barbara continued the lesson. Julie followed the instructions, proud of being able to cook for her family after all these years. "Add a drop of water. Not too much!"

A whirlwind of curls and sticky hands shot through the door. "Oh, here comes trouble." The toddler flew at Julie, grabbing at her knees. "Let me introduce my daughter, Angelica. Believe me the name's very much a misnomer."

"Aaah, she's sweet." Julie picked up the child and suddenly her glasses were flying across the room. Inquisitive fingers explored every orifice of her face then grabbed a handful of hair. "Ouch!"

"She's a bit of a handful isn't she?" Barbara reached over and prised the child's fingers open. "Go find Daddy." Julie was glad to drop the child and watch her retreat. "Now, let's get back to your lesson. Form the pastry into a ball, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge."

The women made the filling and completed the pie. Just as it went into the oven a shriek warned them of impending mayhem. The little monster tore into the room, chased by her frazzled father.

"What time does she go to bed? I'll collect the pie then. Bye."


217 words
© Copyright 2020 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218632-Here-Comes-Trouble