*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218633-The-Team
Rated: E · Script/Play · Drama · #2218633
TV Script for Contest
FADE IN

INT. - A HOME OFFICE - NIGHT

A computer screen. Message - "Due to the current Corona Virus pandemic all production on 'Wesley Road' has ceased. We have to protect our actors and crew at this time."

MICHEAL BARNES thirty something, stares at the screen.

MICHAEL BARNES


Well, that's us out of work then.


SARAH BARNES thirty something, enters room.

SARAH BARNES


What's that?


Sarah looks at the screen.

SARAH BARNES


Oh!


The phone rings. Micheal picks it up and speaks into it.

MICHEAL BARNES


Hello?


BURT ENTWISTLE fifty something, is at the other end of the phone. Voice only.

BURT ENTWISTLE


Have you heard?


MICHEAL BARNES


Alright Burt, ye, I got an email just now.


BURT ENTWISTLE


We've got about thirty episodes in the can but what do we do then?


MICHEAL BARNES


Not a lot we can do.


SARAH BARNES


Oh yes there is. We just gotta think clever. Now first we got Fred and Mena. He can have her locked in a cupboard, talking to her through the door. No contact.


MICHEAL BARNES


And Barry's working away at the moment. We can have him talking to Amy by skype.


BURT ENTWISTLE


We need to get the rest of the team in on this. Look, I'll setup a conference call for tomorrow morning. Once we've got some workable ideas I'll persuade the bosses to give it a go.



FADE IN

INT. - SAME HOME OFFICE - DAY

Computer screen. Four faces. BURT ENTWISTLE, SELINA CONCESCU twenty something, Romanian, STELLA ROYCE sixty something, MARK ARMSTRONG forty something.

Micheal sits at his desk, Sarah looks over his shoulder.

MICHEAL


Good morning everyone.


BURT


Good morning Micheal, Sarah. I told everyone your idea.


STELLA ROYCE


I like it. I think it could work. For a few more episodes anyway.


SELINA CONCESCU

(Heavy accent)


I have the ideas. Chelsea, she is home alone with twins. We need no babies, just sound effects. She try to cook meal but babies cry. She, how you say, tear hair out.


MARK ARMSTRONG


And we could cut to her entering the park with the pram. She feeds the ducks and then they start screaming and she just walks away.


STELLA ROYCE


And, here's the cliff hanger, the brakes fail and the pram starts rolling towards the lake.


SARAH


The next episode can re-show that bit and then a hand grabs the handle.


STELLA


Cut that with Wes coming home to an empty house. Smoke's billowing from the oven.


SARAH


And Wes can phone lots of people asking if they know where she is.


BURT


Okay. We're really getting somewhere. I'll start talking to the bosses, you keep coming up with ideas. We'll have another conference at ten tomorrow. Maybe some dialogue for Fred and Mena, Stella.


STELLA


Will do. Bye folks.


Stella's face disappears from screen.

MICHAEL


Sarah and I will script out the skype between Barry and Amy. See you all tomorrow. Bye.


Computer screen goes black.

FADE IN

INT. - SAME HOME OFFICE - DAY

Computer screen with three faces. BURT, SELINA, MARK.

BURT


Morning guys. Bad news I'm afraid. Stella's ill.


SARAH


Not ...


BURT


She thinks so. Any way, she's e-mailed over her script.


MICHEAL


So, we've got the Fred and Mena storyline. What else have we got?


MARK


I've worked up Selina's idea for Chelsea and Wes and the twins. But we need to decide what happens from the bit at the pond.


SARAH


I'm more concerned about Stella. How bad is it?


BURT


Oh, she's just a bit under t
he weather. It might not even be the virus.


Phone rings in Burt's house.

BURT


Hang on a sec, guys.


(Into phone)


Hello, yes ... oh, okay, thanks for letting me know.


(On screen)


That was the hospital. Stella's been admitted.



FADE IN

INT. - SAME OFFICE - NIGHT

BURT's face appears on the computer screen.

SARAH


What's wrong?


BURT


It's Stella, she's in intensive care.


SARAH


Oh no. It puts things into perspective though. Why are we wasting time writing a soap when people are dying?


BURT


Because we're keeping the living sane.


SARAH


I suppose so.


BURT


Where's Mike?


SARAH


In the bath. That's his way of relaxing. I've been doing yoga.


BURT


We really need to think up a lot more ideas. This thing could go on for another year.


SARAH


It's not just the show we have to think about, it's our entire life.


© Copyright 2020 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2218633-The-Team