*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219638-A-Hero-makes-the-right-choice
by Jim T
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2219638
Ruby is a hero she has done this for 6 years since she was 16 in fact, but she has had it.
Six years, six years of her life have been done doing the same thing over and over again, saving Grace City millions of times, living a lie. The Council Of Heroes was corrupt, but citizens didn't know it, they simply saw a shiny suit with a good face. It didn't take long one inside the council to see that it was hell in disguised as heaven but, Ruby had at one point believed that maybe she could change the system but she was naive and uninformed, at sixteen she believed she could make a difference.

That was in the past, she just couldn't take it anymore, six years had been a long time for the council to prove themselves, but time and time again the council failed to show simple humanity towards anyone that needed it the most and to think it all started such a simple way.

Six years ago, sixteen-year-old Ruby Garcia, discovers she has powers, healing powers, something that is not often seen, meaning that anyone who has them is seen a person of good use, she decided to be a hero, which is a dream come true to any teenager, she sent her application to the council, not surprisingly she was accepted into the organization, back then she didn't know that would be a mistake, as soon as she walked in she got criticized by the famous Strong-Man no less for being a woman, so orientation was not at all what she had expected she went to her new dorm room and cried but there was nothing she could do there was no way of stopping back then, after that, during training it was obvious to see the corruption of money laundering, from there it was simply impossible to move, she didn't know what to do.

She wanted to yell in their faces and storm out but she and her parents signed a contract, her parents also believed in the council, after training was over, followed by the criticism it was obvious that she was seen as a nurse after the major battle which didn't gain her much popularity, but she didn't care she saw herself as a person doing what was needed when yelled at for not healing others fast enough she simply would breath believing that one day they would appreciate her since after all, she was a healer they needed her.

After 5 years, she started to pay attention and gave them 1 year to right their wrongs, all monsters that attacked Grace City didn't seem as harmful as they appeared to be and villains didn't just do stuff for no reason they did, and it was often for revenge towards the council, most would yell their reasons as they were in the back of the police car, so Ruby checked the stories out and saw in the councils' records that the stories were accurate and true, time was running out so she decided that she needed to be prepared and needed an alliance with someone who had just a nudge more of experience, Doctor Smart, a villain that used her intelligence for wrongdoing with apparently no reason, but knowing as much as she did know Ruby knew that that was a bluff lie, so she snicked out the councils' dorms and gave the Doctor a visit, it was easy to get out of the dorms to convince Villan to be your ally know that is completely different, she appeared in the Docs lair, and started a interesting conversation.

"Hello, Doctor Smart" Ruby started it seemed like a nice way to start.

"Ms. Healer, to what do I own this pleasure?"

"I want to leave the council, with a boom"

"You out of all the heroes in that damn place seemed like the smartest I was getting worried you would never show"

"So you were expecting me?"

"Well, I didn't know when you would come, but it took you long enough."

Ruby was expecting argument maybe some yelling but she would have never thought that this would be what would happen. She composed herself keeping her breath steady, Knowing she would bring them to their knees.
© Copyright 2020 Jim T (rookiewriter56 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219638-A-Hero-makes-the-right-choice