*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219675-A-long-lost-love-Chapter-One
by Belle
Rated: GC · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2219675
Kylie Love is meeting her soon to be husband. Little does she know, she knows this man.
Chapter one:

A few months ago my father had arranged a marriage for me to benefit his business since it was on the verge of going bankrupt. I did not want to refuse this marriage, my father has went through enough hardships in his life. He lost my mother when I was born and he had to raise me himself. I did not get to see my father often, the only time I did was when he came home late at night after work drunk and I carried him to bed. My grandmother always reminded me at family gatherings that I was the reason he drank himself to sleep, that I changed his life for the worse because my mother died giving birth to me. She was the light of his world and he lost it. I've always blamed myself for his sorrow and pain, this is the one thing I could do to make him happy.

"Don't screw this up. You won't be welcome back here if you do." Those were his last words to me before I left our home in Sunny Springs.

They sent a private plane to come pick me up, I boarded the plane and two bodyguards sat across from me after putting away my luggage. As I look out the window, I start to cry. The small farm where I grew up, the house, I finally left it. Will dad be okay without me? I saw the curtain open from where the master bedroom is located upstairs. My father looked at me, not one smile. As I was about to wave goodbye, he closed the curtain again.

"Miss, are you okay?" One of the bodyguards asked me, turning my attention to him.

"Yes," I responded politely.

I rested my head to the side of the window and closed my eyes.

The plane came to a landing, waking me up from my sleep. I look out the window to see nothing but a long road and a limousine waiting for us.

"Excuse me, where are we sir?" I asked the bodyguard.

"This is an extension of the Smith manor. Don't worry we will arrive soon." He responds.

"W-who is this Mr. Smith?" I stuttered nervously, getting out of my seat and followed him out of the plane.

The bodyguard chuckled and helped me down the stairs and opened the door for me to the limousine.

"I am not allowed to say," He smiled, "Mr. Smith says it is a surprise."

He's not allowed to say? I got into the limousine and the car started to leave. We had to of been driving for at least ten minutes, a long road of beautiful willow trees and many types of flowers. Where on earth are we? We came to a stop in front a beautiful, elegant black gate. The man in the car pressed the intercom installed on the gate and spoke to someone. The gate opened slowly. We drove for a little bit more and came to a stop in front of a huge mansion. It was the most beautiful place I have ever laid my eyes on. What would such a rich man want to do with a small town country girl? We pulled up to the front, I got out and looked around. This place looks like it came from the romantic era, the architecture is simply stunning. A man opened the double doors and bowed to me.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Love," He greeted himself, "I am going to be at your service. You may call me Adam, I am the master's most trusted butler. Welcome to the kingdom of Zariya."

"N-nice to meet you!" I bowed quickly, he took my hands and lifted me up.

"Please, no need to bow," He smiled, "Follow me this way, I will show you where everything is and to your room. You must be tired after such a long trip. Mr. Smith will be home tonight, he sends his apologies for not meeting you when you arrived as he had some business matters to deal with."

I followed him into the mansion. Huge portraits hung all over the walls, he began to explain that they were Mr. Smith's ancestors. Every room was so huge, this place tripled my home back in Sunny Springs. This made me so nervous. What if I fail to marry this man, what if I am not enough? I must do my best. Adam led me into a room at the end of the hallway upstairs. The room was filled with vibrant colors. I walked to the windows and unlatched both sides to open both of the windows. A cool breeze hit my face and at that moment I felt so happy looking out at the beautiful landscape. How could it be so beautiful? I've seen nothing like it before.

"Ms. Love, this will be your closet," Adam opens up two doors and a huge walk in closet of clothes appears before me, "Mr. Smith did not know what you preferred to wear so he bought a little bit of everything. I will leave you here, get some rest and I will send a maid to come get you for dinner tonight. Mr. Smith will be joining us for dinner as well."

He left before I could say anything. I looked in the closet, Mr. Smith prepared so many designer clothes for me and beautiful dresses I've never worn in my life. They cost more than anything I own for sure. I plopped on the bed and laid down, it has been a very long day. I'm so nervous to meet this Mr. Smith. I wonder what kind of man he is, I know he's rich but who is he? I will know tonight at dinner.
© Copyright 2020 Belle (bmeller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219675-A-long-lost-love-Chapter-One