*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219769-First-Japan-trip
by Sujata
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #2219769
First experience of international flight
Since childhood I heard and read so many stories but never get a courage to write one. Today I thought of giving a try and write something. This is my first time and I know there may be some or many mistakes but I am gonna learn by practicing it on a frequent basis.

On 2008 I got an opportunity to fly to Japan from my previous company. I was young and of 27 years old. My parents are supportive and have faith in my every decision. They gave permission to go to Japan for 6 months on official tenure. I was thrilled and excited. The idea of being alone in a new country on my own was giving me goose bumps. I got a list of items needed there from my friend and had started shopping and picked some dresses and the household things. The big day arrived and I had left for the airport 4 hours before the flight timings. My father came along me to see me off. I was nervous while entered into the gate while I was my own. I looked all around the airport and saw tons of people roaming around with their baggage. It was my first time to be in the international airport. I had to rush towards the check in area so I started looking for it. Luckily there was a service area who helped me in the direction of check in place. Later I dropped baggage over there then headed towards the flight. Within few minutes an announcement was made for flight boarding. I stood in the queue waited for my turn to get into the plane. I showed my ticket to the lady standing in the entrance gate after that she welcomed me into the plane. It took me few minutes to settled down then I made a last phone to parents and told I was ok. I heard an announcement of flight boarding to tie the seat buckles. I am very scared of rides and height. After the announcement my heart started pounding by imagining of next few hours in the flight.I was very scared to look outside of the window once flight started moving slowly. The whole time my eyes were closed, I started enchanted prayers and even bribed the god with 100 rupees prasad if I landed safely in Japan. After some time I opened my eyes slowly and peeped out of the window. To my surprise I found myself in the clouds and there were clouds everywhere. I was mesmerized by seeing this beauty which made me to forgot all fear. It was a wonderful experience which I had seen in movies only and was experiencing at that moment.
Finally my dream to travel alone came true and I set off to Japan.
© Copyright 2020 Sujata (sujatacancer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219769-First-Japan-trip