*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219806-A-long-lost-love-Chapter-two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Belle
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2219806
Dinner at the Smith manor.
I put on a beautiful baby blue, sparkly strapless dress with a pair of baby blue high heels. I grabbed a silk white shawl out of the closet and threw it over my shoulders. I took the clip that was holding my hair in a bun out and my long, wavy blonde hair flowed down to my waist. I looked at myself in the long mirror that was on the bathroom door. I hope Mr. Smith will be pleased with me today, I'm so nervous about our meeting tonight. As soon as I opened the door to exit the room, I heard a piano being played downstairs and chatter.

"Oh good Ms. Love you are ready, are you ready for your engagement party?" A maid approached me.

"Engagement party?" I said nervously, nobody mentioned an engagement party.

"Yes! Did Adam not mention it to you?" She asked.

"No," I said quietly.

"He's so forgetful! Come with me, Mr. Smith is waiting for you! My name is Sue, I'm your personal maid," She took my hand and led me down the long train of elegant, white, glass stairs.

I followed her nervously. When we got to the bottom of the staircase, I noticed a lot of guests I haven't recognized. The whole house was flooded with people. The women were all wearing fancy, long dresses and the men were all wearing tuxedos. Sue brought me to Adam, who was in the kitchen directing the waiters on what to bring out.

"Adam, Ms. Love did not know this was her engagement party," She scolded him, "And she hasn't even met Mr. Smith yet! Where is he? This is very disrespectful."

"My apologies, Ms. Sue," Adam blushed.

I giggled. It looks like Adam likes Sue, they seem so familiar with each other. She huffed and brought me back into the dining room.

"I'll be right back, I'll look for Mr. Smith right away," She apologized and left my side.

I looked around me and admired all of the paintings on the walls as the waiters prepared the dining room table for dinner. One particular thing happened to catch my eye. I walked over to this beautiful black grand piano. I ran my fingers along the keys, it has been so long since I played. It looks like the exact piano I use to have at home. I sat down on the cushioned black bench and flipped my hair to the back. I began to play the song Someone like you, by Adele. It made me feel great, as if I never stopped. I began to sing. At the end, tears started to fall. Not because I felt sad but because piano was my only escape from all of the negativity in my life. It made me happy to be able to play again, the last time I played was when I was 15. My father had sold my piano, he said he was tired of hearing me play. A loud applause broke me out of my thoughts, I looked around me and every guest was now in the dining room. They were listening to me play.

"Very beautiful, Kylie. It seems you haven't lost your touch," I heard a deep voice behind me. Two strong arms wrapped around me.

I blushed. He's strong and his cologne smelt amazing. I broke out of his hug and turned around to get a look at who was hugging me. My eyes widened and I immediately started crying again. I threw my arms around him. I know this voice anywhere and he still looks the same to me just grown up.

"Alexander?" I whispered.

He's so grown up and handsome. He was my childhood friend when I was six and he moved away without a word. He was the only one that brought happiness to my life and defended me. Alex was four years older than me but I had always had a crush on him when I was younger. He still has that same long ashy blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. He's so tall and muscular too, wow.

"Why are you here?" I pulled back, "It's been so long since I've seen you. How did you know I would be here?"

A small smile formed on his face, he turned to the guests and held me to his side.

"Everyone, my beautiful fiance, Kylie Love. Soon to be Kylie Smith," He announced, "Sorry for my late arrival. My work held me up a bit longer than expected."

Everyone clapped and started flooding us, greeting us before I could even catch a breath. He is the Mr. Smith everyone has talked about? This is crazy... I can't believe this. Why would Alex want to be with someone like me? I greeted everyone politely and after that, I stayed quiet and let him do most of the talking. I felt so out of place. We sat down, ate dinner at opposite ends of the table. They served duck for the entree and creme brulee for dessert. Everything was so fancy. At the end of the meal, Alex dismissed everyone and said goodbye to each guest. I also thanked everyone for coming. Once Alex said bye to the last guest, he answered his phone and left to a quiet room across the hall. I quickly walked upstairs to my room, avoiding him. I took a bath to calm myself down. I can't believe he's here, much less I can't believe he is now my fiance. I heard the door creak open to the bedroom and immediately got out of the bath and wrapped a bathrobe around me.

"Kylie, are you in here? You disappeared so fast," Alex entered the bathroom and immediately shut the door once he saw that I wasn't dressed, "I'm sorry I didn't realize you were..."

"It's okay," I blushed, "Could you hand me my pajamas on the bed please?"

"Yes," He replied and handed them to me through the crack of the door.

I dressed and came out of the bathroom, sitting next to him on the bed.

"I know you have a lot of questions but I have so little time," He sighed, "I just received a call from my company, I must go on a business trip for a couple days unfortunately."

"Oh," I sounded disappointed, "One question before you leave, Alex. Why didn't you tell me you were my fiance? More importantly, why me? And what do you do? This place is huge, I didn't realize you were so rich. Okay well maybe this is more than a question but I'm so confused right now."

"What fun would it be if you knew who I was?" He chuckled, "I enjoyed seeing your face the moment you saw me. I am a CEO of the Smith financial industries. My company handles the finances of some very important people to say the least. I am surprised you haven't heard of the company actually... It's the largest, most successful finance group in Japan, America, and now Europe."

"Excuse me sir," Adam interrupted, entering the bedroom, "I am sorry to interrupt. The plane is ready and you must leave now."

"Very well," Alex responded and kissed my forehead, "Kylie, I will be in touch. Sorry to leave so soon when we have just reunited. I promise to answer all of your questions when I get back. Adam, please program my number into Kylie's phone so she can call me if she needs me."

Adam nodded and Alex left before I could say anything else. He really is a busy man. Adam did as Alex directed and put his number in my phone. He also handed me a beautiful black, Gucci wallet.

"What is this for, Adam?" I asked him.

"These are now yours to use. Sir added you onto all of his accounts so you may use these credit cards to buy anything you please." Adam responded.

"I don't need th...." I began but Adam held up his hand and left the room.

Why would he give me such things before even being married? I laid down in the bed, all of this is giving me a headache. My head is spinning full of wonder right now. Alex, my childhood crush, is now my fiance and I have no idea why he wanted me. He also gave me all of his bank cards to buy stuff with. What on earth would I have to buy? He's already bought everything I could ever possibly want or need. I started to close my eyes, I hope tomorrow will be full of answers.
© Copyright 2020 Belle (bmeller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219806-A-long-lost-love-Chapter-two