*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219863-Kyles-Frequent-Visitors
by mxnasi
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2219863
Flash-Fiction with the words "I can't believe you did that".
Jerry and Violet were my childhood friends. I’ve spent my entire life with them, and there has never been a dull moment. This morning was an example.

“What do we do now?” I said.

“It’s all your fault, Jerry,” Violet said in her usual unpleasant tone.

Unlike Jerry, who was witty and charming, Violet was sly and impolite. She always had a snide remark for every situation.

“You’ve almost sold it, Violet. Practice more, and maybe Mrs. Smith will believe you.” Jerry smirked.

“Oh, shut up. We need to take care of this instead of bickering.” Violet responded.

“Yes, indeed. Finally, something we agree on.” He nodded.

I smiled. It was a rare occasion when the two got close to getting along. Although these disagreements provided much entertainment, it was refreshing not to see them at each other’s throats.

The delightful moment of camaraderie didn’t last long.

The door opened with great force, producing my mother.

One look at the floor and she yelled, “Kyle Smith! I can’t believe you did that”.

If I had to guess as to the cause of this outburst, it must have been because her most expensive vase lay shattered on the floor.

I knew Violet would try to blame it on Jerry and me, so I quickly said, “It wasn’t me; it was Violet. She and Jerry were fighting and…”

A look of concern came over my mother’s face.

“It’s the voices again, isn’t it?” She asked.

“What are you talking about?” I demanded.

“Honey, there is no one else in the room with you. But the friends in your head have returned.”
© Copyright 2020 mxnasi (mxnasi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219863-Kyles-Frequent-Visitors