*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219959-Letting-You-Go
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Dark · #2219959
Letting go of the drug addict that destroyed me.
This is me letting you go. This is me letting the good you go. The good, happy you. The you that loved me unconditionally. The you that made me feel safe, happy, and secure. The you that I could never see choosing drugs over me. I know what we had was real. I know that it was love. But drugs do not care about love.... or you. This is me letting the you go that was stuck between drugs and me. The you that still loved me but was starting to love drugs more. The you that was still loving me but doing less and less the deeper you got. The you that slowly started being hateful. The you that wanted me around for your convienence but wanted the next high more. The you that no longer cared about my sadness or tears. The you that loved to hurt me just so I would feel in the wrong. The you that drugs turned you into. You slowly but completely destroyed me. The you that has no idea I will never be me again because your addiction and manipulating. Because of your selfish ways, I will never be the same again. I will never view myself the same. I will never love myself the same. With every hurtful word the drug addict you said, it will never leave my head and for that I will never be okay. This is me letting you go because I now know you are just the addict, not the man I fell in love with.
© Copyright 2020 thesimplegirl (thesimplegirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219959-Letting-You-Go