*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220183-Maze
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #2220183
The mental maze we go through after a shock!
“ you can say confused, grief-stricken, stuck in between or anything you need. I feel everything, yet nothing. I overthink, yet I can’t reach my thoughts.”
During a conversation between Amy and her sister, Amy said those words. She openly stated her feelings hoping to find an answer. Divya told her sister, “ talk to me. I’m going to understand every single word you say. I know that your thoughts are scattered, but I will organize them for you. I can feel your pain, Amy.” Those words were like a pinch of salt on Amy’s wounds. Accordingly, she pushed her thoughts out of her mind.
“ I’m lost, Divya. I just can’t believe what happened. I don’t understand how he left me alone in the darkness. Why did he do that to me? Why couldn’t he exert any effort for our love?” She sighed and continued, “You know what, he used to tell me, Amy, I know you. Amy, no one will love you and understand you as much as I do. Where’s this love now? Why was it beaten in the first battle? I did my best to make it work, and he did nothing for me. How could he blame me? How could he accuse me of selfishness? I chose him. I kept doing that over and over with nothing in return. All I got was I don’t know what to do.” she was helpless, yet angry. She was lost and terrified. She asked questions which she was afraid to know their answers. She didn’t want to see the whole truth.
“ I’m like a baby who cried and waited for someone to touch him kindly, but all he got was a slap on his face. I’m shocked as this baby. My mind is dispersed, my soul is in pieces, and my heart I can’t feel his beats. Each part of me denies what others tell me. I keep running from myself. I’m in a maze, Divya. I do want to escape, but I can’t find the road. I can’t find it. I can’t find me. I just can’t.” Divya could not stand to see her sister in this way, so she pulled Amy to her arms. “ hush, everything will be fine. I’m here with you, and we will go through this together. I can feel your heart. I just need you to believe that you will forget. Sometimes we fall in love with the wrong ones, we give too much and get hurt. It’s OK. The good ones are waiting on the other side, and it’s our choice whether to go or standstill.”
Divya’s words were an ocean that vanished away Amy’s fire. That created a smile on her angelic face, then she said, “ I choose to go, Divya. I will make my way out of this maze and be free. Free as a bird without any chains of pain.”

© Copyright 2020 Riham (divya.re at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220183-Maze