*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220705-Short-Stories-Ruby-Lets-play
Rated: NPL · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2220705
School has never been this quiet.
Short stories: Ruby, Let's play


         I walked to my locker ready to start the day, but it was quiet. Really quiet. Definitely to quiet for school. I didn't think much of it may be out of all the odds every single class was having a test. That's possible, right? I arrived at my locker and was grabbing my binder when I felt an icy cold hand on my shoulder. The lights flickered, then stopped. I felt a strange sensation on the back of my neck as I turned around slowly. I met the eyes of a pale girl. Her hair was dark, and her eyes darker. They seemed darker than the depths of satan's very soul. She smirked and without a second thought, I ran for it. Once again the lights began to flicker and fizzle until it went black. I stopped running and heard her whisper in my ear.
         "Don't run ruby were best friends remember?" My whole body was trembling. I didn't know what she meant. I just wanted her to leave me alone.
         "Don't you want to play Ruby? Don't you want to play?" she began to yell. My heart was beating like a drum. Harder and harder with each minute. I began to run again, not knowing I had put myself into a corner. The rhythmic drumming of my heart became increasingly louder. So loud I felt like she could hear it. She yelled again.
         "Don't you want to play!?" I pushed myself further into the cold wall as if it would save me.
         "I don't know who you are!" I screamed. "I don't who you are! I don't who you are!"
         "Yes, you do and you promised we would play," she said back.
          "Leave me alone!" I cried. "Leave me alone!"
         "Sweety, sweety calm down. It was just a bad dream."
         "What?"
         "It was just a dream."
         "Where am I?"
         "The hospital, They said something happened at school."


© Copyright 2020 Thoughts with Rose (roselove04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2220705-Short-Stories-Ruby-Lets-play