*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221485-Magical-Places
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2221485
What's your magical place?
Magical places are determined by the eye of the beholder. In my experience, they are far and few between. Otherwise, they wouldn't have the distinguished aura of being magical. They'd be ordinary, bland, ubiquitous. Common places that would leave no residue of memorable memories.

Magical places excite the person. They foster a certain joy that is instantly recognizable. You could be sitting on a balcony sharing in conversation with friends. Doesn't matter the time of day, but at night it becomes ever more present you are in a magical place. Staring up at the stars, wondering if they smile back at you. Trees rustling in the pitch black of night, or are those trees? You don't know, but who cares. The conversation could be of important subject matter, but usually it's not. All that matters is the present moment. Your life decisions and indecisions have led you to this balcony, and you are happy. To your left is a friend who cares about you, and to your right, you find the same. It is all so wonderful.

Don't fret, you tell yourself. Tomorrow's proceedings will reveal the solution. You imagine a perfect experience and then fall asleep. The man on the moon laughs, a joyous occasion.
         Where are the kids? In the field. The barn animals tell you that you are stupid, high off the weed again I see. But don't worry, they don't realize your tribulations. They just see a man that is high.

© Copyright 2020 BlakeFran3 (blakefran3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221485-Magical-Places