*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221502-Elonian-Braves-Character-Profiles
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2221502
Character Profiles: Chapter 1 covers the Original Members, Chapter 2 the Current Members
The Elonian Braves


History


Founded in 1071 AE shortly after the sinking of Orr. The Fellowship sprung forth from a small band of members of the Order of Whispers. The head of the fellowship was a Priestess of Lyssa and Mesmer, Astarina the Wise. She brought in her sister Lillith a Necromancer and Slayer in the Order of Whispers. Then a young Dervish that had recently joined the Order, Nimrauko. From Kryta came an Elementalist Brynn who had sought out a life of adventure rather than the Monotony of Lions Arch. She brought a friend of hers a Canthan Ritualist named Rhea of House Vasburg.


Astarina
Nationality: Elonian
Birthplace: Mihanu Township, Vabbi, Elona
Place of Residence: Isle of Solitude
Affiliations: Order of Whispers, Elonian Braves
Alignment: Lawful Good
Stature: Slender , 5'10", 135 lbs

HOOKS
- Born and raised in Mihanu Township with her sister Lillith. Very early on the two sisters caught the attention of very important people. Jurah, the Master of Whispers at the time sent word to the Mesmer Collective that he had found a promising recruit. The representative took Astarina to their head quarters where she trained in Mesmery until she was 20 years old. On the night of her 20th Birthday she returned home to find that in the interim years her sister had been initiated into the Order of Whispers and training under the Master of Whispers himself in the art of Necromancy. Jurah asked Astarina to join, which she did without thinking twice. In the year 1071 AE, Orr was sank to the bottom of the sea and many in the Order of Whispers sensed a great power beginning to stir. It was at this time that she began recruiting a select few from the order who caught her eye, to form a Fellowship. One that she would call the Elonian Braves.


- Though the Elonian Braves was founded in Elona, they were known to leave Elona to handle threats that cropped up in other lands that could threaten to spill over into Elona.

- Astarina had twin daughters, the oldest she named after herself and in her sisters memory, she named the younger Lillith.

Lillith
Nationality: Elonian
Birthplace: Mihanu Township, Vabbi, Elona
Place of Residence: Isle of Solitude
Affiliations: Order of Whispers, Elonian Braves
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Stature: Slender , 5'10", 135 lbs

HOOKS
- Born and raised in Mihanu Township with her sister Astarina. Very early on the two sisters caught the attention of very important people. Jurah, the Master of Whispers at the time sent word to the Mesmer Collective that he had found a promising recruit. The representative took Astarina to their head quarters where she trained in Mesmery until she was 20 years old. When her sister had left to join the collective Jurah took Lillith to the Chantry of Secrets and began training her in Necromancy with the hope that one day when the time came, she could be the next Master of Whispers. Lillith was adept and picked up the training with ease.

Jurah brought master necromancers from all over Tyria to aid in Lilliths training. Livia and Olias from Tyria were both fond of the young Necromancer and taught her all they could. When her sister came back to Vabbi, she had been in the Order of Whispers for some years and already was an established Slayer in the Order. Astarina approached her not long after the sinking of Orr and asked Lillith to join with her in founding a Fellowship called the Elonian Braves. The Braves were well known across Tyria for their acts of heroism and devotion to the people of Tyria no matter rank.

In 1127 Emperor Usoku unified Cantha and began to purge non-human residents. It was on a trip to Kaineng that Lillith caught wind of this barbaric practice and tried to stand against, but was killed by an assassin sent from the Emperor to quell the potential for an uprising. Though Lillith did not have children, her legacy was carried on by her Sister, who named on of her twins in Lilliths Honor.


Nimrauko
Nationality: Elonian
Birthplace: Beknur Harbor, Istan, Elona
Place of Residence: Isle of Solitude
Affiliations: Order of Whispers, Elonian Braves
Alignment: Lawful Good
Stature: Muscular , 5'8", 157 lbs

HOOKS
- Born and raised in Beknur Harbor on the Isle of Istan to poor farmers. When he was 10 years old he watched his group of friends slain by Corsair bandits. He survived and ran back to Beknur and alerted the Sunspears to the massacre. He was enamored by how strong and brave these men and women were and how principled they were compared to the Corsair Thugs who were lawless and knew nothing of honor.

He left Beknur Harbor that summer and made his way to the Sunspear Great Hall and was taken in by a master Dervish that training him in the arts. His master was impressed with how adept he was at not only Handling the Scythe and being proficient Martially, but also how easily he was able to Channel the Avatars of the Gods and use them to turn the tide of a battle.

Spearmarshal Kormir, head of the Order of the Sunspears, was impressed with Nimrauko's performance, and kept her eye on him as a favorite amongst her ranks. Jurah arrived in Kamadan one Summer not long before Orr was sank into the Sea and bumped into Kormir outside the Consulate Docks. He was mentioning how he had made the trip to Istan to see if there were any promising candidates he could recruit into the Order of Whispers. Kormir mentioned she had a Dervish that was her crown Jewel that she felt was destined to greater things than his Istani upbringing.

So with that Nimrauko joined Jurah and returned with Jurah to the Chantry of Secrets in Vabbi. He quickly made friends and contacts in the Order and Astarina saw his talents in battle. She reached out to him an offered him a place in the Elonian Braves. Once she explained the goals of the fellowship, it appealed greatly to his sense of honor and adventure and he accepted on the condition of being allowed to make a trip to his Home and say goodbye to his family. Astarina Agreed. Upon reaching Beknur Harbor he found that his parents had died in his absence and their hut was empty. He made a silent prayer to the gods and then burned the hut to the ground. He left that place that day and never returned. All he had known died there that day.


Brynn
Nationality: Krytan
Birthplace: Fisherman's Haven, Kryta, Tyria
Place of Residence: Isle of Solitude
Affiliations: Order of Whispers, Elonian Braves
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Stature: Slender , 5'11", 145 lbs

HOOKS
- Born and raised in Fisherman's Haven, Brynn was the daughter of a widowed Fisherman. All manner of people would come through Fisherman's Haven from far away and from other corners of Kryta looking for adventures on the sea. One Spring morning a torrential storm blew into the Harbor and with it came an Elementalist named Orion. Brynns father took the man in giving him shelter and a meal. Brynn badgered the man with hundreds of questions as she was fascinated with magic and had never gotten to speak to an Elementalist before.

Orion was taken by the young girl and offered Brynns father to stay for a while and train her enough to be able to make the trek to Lions Arch and learn under Master Elementalists. He agreed and young Brynn began her training. By mid-summer of her 9th year, she was ready to make the journey to Lions Arch and begin her training in full. When she first arrived many of the Elementalist students looked down their noses at the Daughter of a dirty fisherman. But with time they were able to see her talents and many began to respect her.

Her 19th year, she was passing through Merchants Row when she saw a Canthan woman being hassled by A Rune Trader. She stepped in and reminded the merchant that she would hate to have to alert the Lionguard to shady business practices being deployed with our Canthan Visitors. The young woman introduced herself to Brynn as Rhea of House Vasburg the second greatest of the Kurzick Houses. She was visiting Kryta trying to find new Recruits for Shing Jea Monestary but had not been met with the enthusiasm she had hoped.

Rhea stayed with Brynn for a few months when they both began to grow restless with the monotony of life in Lions Arch. Brynn suggested to two set sail for Kamadan, the capitol of the Isle of Istan and the Jewel of Elona. The lure of these far off sun kissed lands drew both young women in. So they set sail for Kamadan with a few gold coins in their pockets. Eventually the landed at the Sun Docks. Upon stepping into the sun they saw a woman in the Violet and Gold Lyssas Regalia which Priests and Priestesses of Lyssa often wear. Her many faced mask seemed to follow them as they made their way through the crowd and towards Kamadan Proper.

The stranger called out to them and introduced herself as Astarina. She sensed a potential in the young girls that she felt could be fully realized if they would join her Fellowship the Elonian Braves. They joined with great haste as they finally saw their opportunity to a life of adventure and excitement they had so longed for. They came with Astarina back to the Chantry of Secrets in Vabbi and were initiated to the Braves.

Rhea of House Vasburg
Nationality: Canthan
Birthplace: Tsumei Village, Shing Sea Island, Cantha
Place of Residence: Isle of Solitude
Affiliations: Order of Whispers, Elonian Braves
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Stature: Slender , 5'11", 145 lbs

HOOKS
- Born in the Echovald Forest to the second greatest House in the Kurzick nation, she was spirited away to Shing Jea Island when skirmishes with the Luxons hit too close to home. She was given to an Elderly Couple to raise. When she was 5 years old the elderly couple began to get very ill and sent Rhea off to Shing Jea Monastery to learn Ritualism and go out into Cantha and bring glory to the Empire.

Headmaster Quin trained Rhea in Ritualism. Rising through the ranks at the Monastery, eventually she was proficient enough to help Headmaster Quin with the younger new recruits. Though proficient at the arts, eventually Rhea felt her potential was being squandered on the Island were nothing of Consequence ever really happened. Eventually in her 19th Year, Master Togo sent a few students from the Monastery to seek out new recruits in Kryta. Rhea leaped at the opportunity to leave the lonely Island and seek out some excitement in a new land.

The day she arrived in Lions Arch the sun was shining brightly and high in the sky. She made her way from the docks up to what was labeled as Merchants Row so she could browse their wares before her official duties began. The first merchant to catch her eye was the Rune Trader. Rhea introduced herself, but the merchant began to talk down to her saying how Foreigners always loved to look but never spend the coin. Especially those from that shoddy monestary. A young woman walked up during the incident and introduced herself as Brynn and really did come to her rescue.

Rhea stayed with Brynn for a few months when they both began to grow restless with the monotony of life in Lions Arch. Brynn suggested to two set sail for Kamadan, the capitol of the Isle of Istan and the Jewel of Elona. The lure of these far off sun kissed lands drew both young women in. So they set sail for Kamadan with a few gold coins in their pockets. Eventually the landed at the Sun Docks. Upon stepping into the sun they saw a woman in the Violet and Gold Lyssas Regalia which Priests and Priestesses of Lyssa often wear. Her many faced mask seemed to follow them as they made their way through the crowd and towards Kamadan Proper.

The stranger called out to them and introduced herself as Astarina. She sensed a potential in the young girls that she felt could be fully realized if they would join her Fellowship the Elonian Braves. They joined with great haste as they finally saw their opportunity to a life of adventure and excitement they had so longed for. They came with Astarina back to the Chantry of Secrets in Vabbi and were initiated to the Braves.
© Copyright 2020 nimrauko the white demon (nimrauko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221502-Elonian-Braves-Character-Profiles