*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221603-Dangerous-Beauty
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2221603
Pandora Evans finds she is a powerful enchantress from an ancient bloodline.
CH. 1

Pandora Evans,
My dearest granddaughter, I want you to remember what I've always told you. Your magic is a part of you, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are strong, beautiful, and so very powerful. Know your worth, so that no one shall put you down. You're a brave young lady and I know you'll fight for what is right and for what you believe in. Never doubt you capability in doing what your little heart desires. I love you, my little diamond.
Sincerely, Mabel Cross-Evans.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Pandora placed the letter carefully back into its envelope. She read it every time she felt lost and had no idea on what to do. Taking a deep breath, she tried to clear her mind, grandmother always said plans are forged from well-put mind-scapes. She had to find a way to lead the rebellion, she couldn't let the group down. They had to win for their freedom. Magic was everywhere, and those who could wield it, had the right to use it! And damn it, she will change the rules. Government be damned!

A knock sounded from the other side of the wooden door, jolting her out of her thoughts. "Yes?" She called out, her soft and sweet voice loud enough for only the person to hear. "Lady Evans, Klaus has requested to speak privately with you. Said to be of urgent matters." The recognizable voice of Lydia, a low level mage, called out. "Of course, I shall be out shortly." She stated, Lydia replied with an affirmative answer before swiftly walking away.

The dark haired girl glanced in the mirror for a brief moment, sighing at her reflection. She stayed up late trying to figure out a plan that her lack of sleep caused slight purple bags to form on her pale skin. "Acutus redintegro." She whispered with a wave of her hand, instantly her appearance wasn't as disheveled. Nodding, she opened her door and walked out. The infirmary is where Klaus was usually found in, so she headed there first. Healing magic was his strongest aptitude, so naturally he'd be drawn there more.

She rapped her knuckles firmly against the old wooden door, the paint chipping away. Knocking when the door is closed is common courtesy, Pandora believed everyone should be showed at least a decent amount of respect, unless they are undeserving. The door slowly opened, the creaking sounded loudly in the nearly empty hallway. Klaus poked his head out, dirty blonde hair falling loosely down his forehead, stopping at the nape of his neck. Beautiful dark eyes lighting up when they see who is at the door. "Panda, come on in." He ushered her into the spacious room.

He was the only one who got away with calling her ridiculous nicknames, as he was her oldest friend. They were the closest amongst the rest of the group, having learned of their heritage together. "What is it you needed, Klaus?" She asked, a fond smile playing at her lips. Said boy walked over to the table full of bottles filled with strange liquids. "I found something unusual." He said. "Verum monstrant." Suddenly, three different bottles exploded and a bright light filled the room. Before a large, black X replaced the light.

Pandora's eyes widened, dainty hands covered her open mouth. "Klaus, where did these liquids come from?" She asked, needing to know before she jumped to conclusions. "When we raided the laboratory, that was working for the Government. I nicked these from a box labeled danger." He replied calmly as though they were discussing the weather. "Klaus, don't you know what this means?" She all but shouted, worry seeping through her voice. She continued when he looked at her confused. "It means, that there's most likely a mage working them. We, now likely, have an enemy that uses magic working with the Government."

Klaus's eyes went wide, he knew that Pandora was the most powerful enchantress anyone has ever met and could most likely take down any threat, but logically he knew it was impossible. She'd exhaust herself or worse, have her very magic devour her. He wouldn't risk it. "What are we going to do?" He asked her. She looked at him, big, green eyes clouded in worry. "What w always do, fight to survive."
© Copyright 2020 Fay Maria (lovelywriter19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221603-Dangerous-Beauty