*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221838-Song-Lyric-Story--Get-you-the-Moon
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2221838
Get You the Moon - Kina, as a short story.
“I love you, I really do...” he said as his eyes betrayed him and let slip a single tear which rolled down his cheek as if in slow motion.

“Prove it…” she whispered across the room, her own face soaked with tears streaming from her eyes.

“I love you babe,” was all he said, taking one large step across the room toward her.

“I don't believe you though,” she said quietly, the words choking her as she spat them out.

“But, babe…” he whispered, hurt flashing through his eyes and stumbling back half a step.

“Prove it… please babe” she choked out. “Please.”

“How?” he asked her, trying to keep his world from crashing down, his everything from walking out.

“Please,” was all she could choke out as the tears streamed down her face, shudders shook her shoulders and her knees threatened to give in and let her collapse to the floor.

“Babe, what do you want me to do? I’ll do anything. Please.” Another tear betrayed him and rolled down his cheek before falling to the floor. He took a step toward her and opened his arms wide to her. He hated seeing her this way, being the cause of her pain and grief.

“PROVE IT!” she yelled as words tumbled out of her, all in a rush to make themselves heard. “I DON'T WANT YOU TO TRY AND COMFORT ME, I WANT TO KNOW THAT YOU LOVE ME! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND YOU KNOW IT. I TELL YOU EVERY DAY, I TEXT YOU EVERY MORNING AND EVERY SINGLE NIGHT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE OK BUT NEVER GET A TEXT BACK, I SEND YOU DRAWINGS AND NOTES AND ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY, BU-… b- b- but I don't feel like you feel the same. I don't feel any love in your gaze, I have to ask you for presents and kind gestures and you never show me affection but now that I'm hurting and crying you feel bad and you just want me to stop. AM I JUST A JOKE TO YOU?!”

He said nothing, another tear just rolled down his cheek.

She sobbed again and nodded. “Ok,” she whispered, backing toward the door. "I understand."

“Babe”

She spun on her heel toward the door.

You gave me a shoulder when I needed it.” he said before pausing.

She froze, her hand on the doorknob.

You showed the love when I wasn’t feeling it.

She turned to find him sitting on the bed, holding the necklace she had ripped from her neck and thrown to the floor moments before.

You helped me fight when I was giving in.

She put her back to the door, sliding to the floor, and listened.

“You- you made me laugh when I was losing it,” he whispered across the silent room, smiling at the necklace. “You are the reason I’m still holding on

She sniffed and he looked up at her.

“You- you are the reason my head is still above water.” He looked deep into her eyes. “And if I could… I’d get you the moon. And give it to you…” Another tear slipped from his eye.

She got up and slowly walked across the room.

And if death was coming for you…” he whispered, choking out every word

She reached the bed and sat down behind him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and placing her chin on her arm, next to his head.

I’d give my life for you,” he said as another tear slipped down his face as he leaned back, into her touch.

“Why? You have so much here.”

“‘Cause, you are-” he turned his head to see her face. “You are the reason why I’m still hanging on, and you are… you’re the reason why my head is still above water.”

“You said that already,” she commented.

And if I could, I’d get you the moon, and give it to you.”

“That too,” she laughed, wiping a few tears from her eyes.

And if death was coming for you, I’d give my life for you,” he said, reach for her and wiping the tears from her cheeks.

“You already-”

“Am I supposed to be a poet now?” he chuckled.

“You repeated yourself though.”

“Because it’s all true,” he said, pulling her in towards him for a hug.

“No dying for me though,” she said, wrapping her arms around him and settling her head next to his.

“I love you,” he whispered in her ear.

“I love you too,” she whispered back.
© Copyright 2020 Avari W. (a.wall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221838-Song-Lyric-Story--Get-you-the-Moon