*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221899-Song-Lyric-Story--My-Immortal
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2221899
My Immortal - Evanescence, as a short story.
I’m so tired of being here,” he whispered in her ear, floating around her head.

“I feel suffocated,” she whispered to her friend, “Suppressed by all my childish fears.”

If you have to leave, it’s ok.” her friend whispered back to her.
She adjusted her black dress and nodded. She had always hated funerals and had a fear of ghosts. She knew the spirit of the person could linger past their death, she felt their presence. She sat down on the outside steps. He settled on the stair next to her.

I wish that you would just leave,” she whispered to him. “‘Cause your presence still lingers here... and it wont leave me alone.” she looked to her left, where she felt his presence, but saw only a blur. She sighed. He floated behind her and wrapped his arms around her to comfort her.

“What’s wrong, my dear?” a breeze whispered gently past her ear.

These wounds won’t seem to heal,” she whispered clutching her head, “this pain is just too real.” her heart was shattered. Every breath took tremendous effort and brought grief and pain.

“You’ll get over me, love,” he said, rubbing her back gently. She shook her head.

There’s just too much that time cannot erase,” she choked out, sobbing into her hands. He floated in front of her. She looked up. “When you cried, I’d wipe away all of your tears… W- when you’d scream… I’d fight away all of your fears.” He looked at her with a sad smile. “And I held your hand through all these years…

“I’m gone, darling. I can't come back,” he whispered. She nodded.

“But you still have all of me,” she whispered. “You used to captivate me by your resonating light. Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind. Your face... it haunts my once pleasant dreams. Your voice... it chased away all the sanity in me.” she looked up from her hands to his sad smile, the ghost of tears running down his transparent face. “These wounds won't seem to heal…” she whispered again with pleading eyes. “This pain is just too real.” she choked out, the broken pieces of her heart aching and stabbing at her ribs. “I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone. But though you were still with me... I've been alone all along.

She sat in silence for a minute as he drifted around her before settling to her left. Her friend came outside and sat on the steps to her right.

“You alright?” her friend asked her.

“I'm... I'm not quite sure,” she responded, wiping tears from her face and glancing to her left.

“Ready to go back in?” her friend asked, a look of sympathy in her eyes.

“I guess…” she replied and they stepped back in the building hosting his wake, leaving him floating over the steps, waving a silent goodbye before he departed.
© Copyright 2020 Avari W. (a.wall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2221899-Song-Lyric-Story--My-Immortal