*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2222713-Poor-Twisted-Me
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Psychology · #2222713
Depression's a hell of a drug.
Poor Twisted Me
(169 words)

I chew on suffer
I chew on agony
Swallow whole the pain
Oh, it's too good to be
That all this misery Is just for,
oh, poor twisted me


I exist in a space between reality and dreams. In your mind, I wait. The thoughts you love most, I devour, and you are left with the worst. Your misery is proof that I've dined well. And when there's nothing more for me, I chew on what's left like a dog with a bone. Your despondence is a bitter treat. However, it has become an acquired taste.

Now I wait for the self-pity, bloated and black. I sit upon your chest as you futilely attempt sleep. I thrive on your nightmares and the sleeplessness they bring. The weaker you become, the more thoughts I have to worry between my jagged teeth. I crack them open and suck out the marrow of your misery.

Once I played a game of catch and release. For more delicious thoughts, I allowed the light to shine through, creating a cycle of day and night. But I've grown greedy and desperate. Stay here in my shadow, melancholy friend, so I never go hungry again.
© Copyright 2020 C.E.Wilder (c.e.wilder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2222713-Poor-Twisted-Me