*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223028-Immigration
by Aisha
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #2223028
Immigration
Immigration

As we all know, the immigration process involves a person to migrate to a country, where they aren't the natives/citizens. So, how does this affect or benefit our society? let us look into it.

A person migrates to a foreign land for various reasons like one is a better life in a more developed country than his homeland, other his life is at risk due to wars or communal disharmony.etc. In a few cases, few of them like a particular country for many reasons, and thus they settle there. In any case, it is emotionally straining, as it is not easy to leave our country and travel to a foreign land. They have many doubts and concerns regarding their livelihood, but still are taking that leap of faith for a better future for themselves and their families.

People from under-developed countries often migrate to the progressed nation, for better job prospects, thus a better and secure lifestyle. In advanced countries, many industries serve as the backbone of the economy, which provides ample job opportunities for everyone. Good economy, job stability, good education are the factors that one looks for to settle in a place, for his and his family's betterment. In some cases people land up with dream jobs in other countries, thus they end up migrating with families, enjoying the work they enjoy and love of staying with close ones.

When a country is at war, whether locally or internationally, it only leads to fear and loss of life, property, and the future of its citizens. Many uncertainties keep lingering in one's thoughts about his and his family's future. So, people migrate to other lands for peace and safety of lives, and for lives to start. A life for a refugee is tough until it starts fresh.

Some of them, fall in love with a country's cultural environment, or its people, or its historical heritage or natural beauty, or its landscapes, that reason is enough for them to settle themselves in that country for the rest of their lives.

Immigration can be tough for both migrants and the citizens of that land too, as the battle for employment increases. Till the immigrants are granted citizenship, they are deprived of many benefits as a citizen of the land. It isn't easy, the immigrants have to face hardship with food, medical benefits, and proper place to stay until their case is sorted with the authorities. An immigrant also has to adjust themselves to a new culture, new surroundings, new way of life, which needs time and support.

Although welcoming immigrants is tough for the host country's government and its people, we can always find some space for the refugees and, the better job and new place dreamers, as we believe the world is a better place when we all are together.
© Copyright 2020 Aisha (aisha238 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223028-Immigration