*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223098-Notes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Novel · Writing · #2223098
The Valley of the Bones
The Valley of the Bones:

It was the year 3333 and the prophesied Global Warming had come, taken its toll and gone. The planet earth was dead and had become to be known as The Valley Of The Bones. Life had perished. It was only a few of the ThaZarians also known as the Desert Dwellers, and a few Creedians, a race made up of the mixed human races, that were left along with one small stretch of grassy land. Ski, A Creedian Gypsy, has been sought out and approached by a rebel ThaZarian in order to convince her that she possesses magical powers and only she can save the earth from complete destruction, but she must find the magic compass and the magic forest first.


Identify some story elements:


1. Setting: (where does the story take place)small scale

Takes place in The town of Chema. Chema is a moderate sized town and is located in the Land of Nalia; one of the few remaining small stretches of land that can still support life. Chema is a moderate sized town located in a meadow over an underground water reservoir and quite old. There are old artifacts from the old world scattered about the outskirts of town. The town is best known for its Summer Festivals, Gladiator Arena and its ceremonial site nearby. The circle of gypsies is located on the outskirts of Chema. The river, that has dried up leaving a broken bed of shale in its place. The trees that once provided shade along side the river on both sides are dead and barren

2. Protagonist: Who is (are) the main characters:

The Protagonists is Camille

2a. Flaws: (What is/are the protagonist major flaws:
1. Stubbornness - unyielding- will make a good leader by overcoming - once picks course of action, she can trusted to see it through to the end and fight for what is right no matter what the obstacles. She needs to totally commit first.
A. To overcome - She needs to see that she doesn’t know everything and others have valid idea and opinions too. Not becoming defensive when advice or gentle criticism is given, seeking wise counsel from others, asking for help, seeing a quick resolution to a problem.
2. Spoiled-used to having things her way

2b. Goal(s): (What does the protagonist want (or want to avoid):
1. Camille wants and needs to retrieve the magic box in order to save her family, the people and herself from destruction.
2. She wants Seth
3. She wants and needs to avoid Xarviar


3. Conflicts: What is keeping them from their goal:
1. She argues with her parents about leaving and the task. She is spoiled and doesn’t care how other people live. She wants things her way.
2. She wants to fight in the Arena for the prestige and the extra water and money. She knows that she can win even if she needs to use her powers.
3. Anger and resentment but she knows that she can’t disobey her father.
A. Seth: she argues with Seth about being too controlling, nagging, pushy and cooperative.
4. Xarviar - the rebel Gypsy - He wants Camille for himself. He wants her to retrieve the box but prevent her opening it. He is convinced that by having her and the unopened box he will be in complete control and become The King of both the Gypsies and the commoners.
5. King Drugo - Seth’s father He wants to stop her from getting the magic box because he has figured out Xarviar’s scheme
6. Level One - The Silenous - wants to stop her from reaching level three because they want to inhabit the earth just as it is with all humans gone.
7. Level Two - The ThaZarians - for the same reasons as the Sielenous
A. Both the Silenous and the Thazarians want to come out and take over the earth when it dies. Rhe Silenous and the Thazarians are bitter rivals.
8. Seth - She doesn’t like him taking the lead.

Antagonist: Who or what is creating the conflicts:
1. Xarviar - He wants Camille. He knows that his power is strong enough to save him from perishing. He sells info about Camille’s quest and convinces him that if he had the box, he too would be safe. He wants to destroy the sun child. If he can accomplish his goal, he would be King after he kills King Drugo.
2. King Drugo - He wants absolute power. He wants Camille and the box, he believes that if he had her and the box things would stay as they are.
The ThaZarians and The Sielenous on levels one and two, They are bitter rivals
3. Camille, herself - She is stubborn and doesn’t want to be told how to do anything, she constantly argues with Seth and Asha.

Write a provocative one-sentence about story:

The earth is dieing, and it is up to Camille to save it with just her magic compass?
© Copyright 2020 Chrys O'Shea (kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223098-Notes