*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223269-Loki-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by jonewe
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2223269
Second chapter for Loki
Loki continues to study Thrast, who is closing the distance. Seeing no other way, Loki attempts to flank Thrast, but his movements are matched. A blow comes, to which Loki blocks. However, he gets bashed on the chest by Thrast's shield.

Loki swiftly teleports away, putting distance between him and Thrast.

"Your antics tire me, demon!" Thrast says while lowering his stance.

"Cadet Haralmen!" One of the instructors shout. "Watch your tongue or you shall be punished!"

Thrast quickly lowers his head. "My apologies, sir! A slip of the tongue!"

He then resumes his stance, shield staring into Loki's gaze.

Loki swings at Thrast. Another blow, blocked. Another, the result remains.

While holding up his shield, Thrast swings at Loki. "Learn how to use shields properly!" He shouts as he does.

Loki barely teleports away from the blow.

Thrast clicks his lips and his expression changes.

"What you smiling at?" Thrast asks as his shield continues to face Loki.

Loki continues to strike at Thrast. The blows are blocked, and Thrast attacks back. Loki swiftly moves away, leaving only a loud 'SWOOSH' at where he stood.

"You gonna fight me or what!" Thrast shouts. Loki responds by striking heavily at Thrast. The blow is parried, and Thrast strikes back.

Loki stares into Thrast's eye as the blow gets closer. Thrast's face shifts from confidence to confound.

Bringing his sword up, Loki strikes at Thrast's wrist, causing the young Aesir to drop his sword. As Thrast frantically reaches for his sword, Loki pushes his shield away, moving it out of the way.

Thrast manages to reach for his sword and attempts a thrust. However, Loki parries the blow away, and with his sword hand, reach for Thrast's left wrist, creating an open space between the two.

With all his might, Loki headbutts Thrast in the nose.

FUCK

As he shouts, Thrast falls to the ground. Blood dripping from his nose.

"Good luck with the ladies now." Loki says as he stares down, rubbing his forehead as he does.

ARGH

Thrast shouts as he gets up. As soon he is on his feet, Thrast pulls his sword hand back, ready for a powerful swing.

Loki lowers himself as the blow comes, feeling the wind from the blow. As lowering himself, he swings his sword. It connects at Thrast's left ear.

It hits squarely, downing the Aesir swordsman. Thrast looks at Loki, eyes wide open. Loki bows, and moves away.

Realizing he is defeated, Thrast hurriedly got up, wanting to save as much pride as he could.

"I went easy on you, that's all!" Thrast says as he moves away.

Loki continues to spar with a number of cadets, winning them all. He also gets rejected by some cadets.

Times passes and the number of cadets on the field reduce. Soon, there are only two figures standing on the field.

The other cadets, worn out, moves out of the field and to the side.

Loki looks to Thor, who is looking at him. While Loki is gathering his breath, Thor looks relaxed, albeit drenched in sweat.

"Well, just you and me, Thor." Loki says calmly, switching his tone and saying. "Come on."

Thor excitedly walks towards Loki, static coursing through his body. Loki also starts charging up his magic.

Thor swings first, without bothering to cover his other side with his shield. As his wooden mace travels through the air, Loki swiftly teleports away. As he materializes, he feels the air electrified by Thor's lightning.

Without letting up, Thor swings his mace once more. Loki teleports himself to Thor's right, bringing him close to Thor's flank.

Thor uses the momentum of his swing, turning around to face Loki. As soon as Thor turns over, Loki throws something at him. It explodes into dust, covering Thor's face.

"Hachoo!" Thor sneezes, static coursing through the air as he does.

As Thor covers his face, Loki remains a distance away from his step-brother.

BOOO

The crowd boos. Loki remains his stance.

"Shut up!" Thor shouts at the crowd, silencing them.

Thor and Loki continues to circle, both of them throwing feints at at one another.

Loki lowers his sword, tempting Thor with an opening. He sees Thor freeze for a moment, but remaining his stance. This gives Loki confidence that his technique worked on Thor.

Loki unleashes a barrage of mixed blows, aiming at different spots. All of the blocks are blocked, and the two returns to their standoff.

Loki snickers. "Well, at least you are smart enough to not fall for that, unlike a certain SOMEONE."

A grumble can be heard coming from the crowd.

Realizing that whatever Loki did to him has faded, Thor continues to attack Loki. Loki teleports himself away from Thor in response.

Realizing he needed to do something before he runs out of energy, Loki swung his sword and a diagonal line of light flew towards Thor. Thor blocked it easily with his shield. However, he wasn't able to defend completely against Loki's magic.

"Quji ba, shen qi!" Loki starts chanting as he evades Thor's blows. As his skin gets electrified, Loki's sword starts shining. "Ti wo ming!" Loki redirects Thor's blow, his magic clashing with Thor's lightning. "Yajidikangzhe!"

Using what little opening he has, Loki strikes at Thor. Thor blocks the blow with his wooden mace. Loki's magic, a light surrounding hi sword seems to dissipate.

"Wha-" Loki pushes Thor's mace down and reach for the Aesir with his hand. Thor swiftly puts his shield in the way. As Loki touches it, it gets set on fire.

"By Fathers beard!" Thor repeatedly and swiftly hits at his shield with his mace. As the flame goes out, Loki increases his distance.

Loki puts his sword away. As he does so, his body shines.

"Xianshenba, HuiMieZhe!"

"Shit."

Thor looks up, following his brother's expansion as it happens.

Gasps comes from the crowd.

'No fucking way..." Someone says.

While shining, Loki's body changes. It grows, and his limbs retract into his body. He grows a tail, and it gets long and longer. Loki's puts his tongue out, using it to sense his surroundings.

Thor swings his mace, with lightning coursing through it.

Loki swings his tail at Thor, using it to parry his mace away.

ERGH

As Thor grunts, Loki tries and take a bite out of Thor, but his attempt is stopped by Thor's shield.

SHAAA

Loki hisses and swing his tail at Thor again. The Aesir manages to block the tail with his shield, even if he is pushed back by the blow.

Loki tries to bite Thor, but only gets a mace to the face.

Annoyed, Loki swings his tail again. The blow is blocked, but Thor stumbles a few steps back.

As Thor tries to regain balance, Loki uses his tail to scoop Thor's leg, downing the Aesir. Loki dives in and bite his step-brother on the shoulder. However, before Loki can pull away, Thor hits him on the head with his mace. Lightning courses through Loki as the mace connects.

As Loki pull back, he hisses loudly.

SHAA

Loki breaks down into light, returning back to his original form. Thor gets up and two continues to stand off. However, Loki feels his knee weaken, causing him to fall on one knee.

Loki looks at the ground.

FUCK

He shouts angrily.

"Looks like it's a draw, Loki." Loki hears Thor speak to him.

He passes a glance at Thor, who is also on his knees.

"The session is over!"

Loki looks to the instructor, breathing heavily as he does.

As the cadets clean up, Loki finds many looking at him with sharp gazes. He ignores them, thinking about his session with Thor.

After the day is done, the cadets go out to the city centre of Asgard for recreation. Loki and Thor are accompanied by other cadets. The group chatter as they walk around the city. Loki, walked at the back, looking around the city instead.

"That was a good performance earlier, Loki." Loki looks over to Eiyam, a well-built young man.

"Thank you" Loki replies politely.

"To think someone would be able to defeat Thor, which is no small feat." Eiyam continues. "I can only dream of being as skilled and powerful as you two."

"We all have our own expertise." Loki says. "My brother and I do not hold a candle to your wisdom, Eiyam."

"I am not entirely sure of that. I can tell you are a smart one, just lack of motivation to perform at your best."

"And you do not, meaning you have already surpassed me in terms of wisdom." Loki replies, putting his hand over his mouth as does.

There is a short pause, Loki twiddling his fingers as it passes.

"Perhaps what we do at the Academy is not for you?" Eiyam asks politely.

"It is not."

Another silence. Loki looks at the street, staring at his own reflection on a glass window.

"I am interested in going outside the places I am comfortable with. So that I can learn more about the world. Not only Asgard and the Nine Realms, but other places." Loki looks over to Eiyam. "Hi no Moto and the Heavenly Realm of the East, or the mighty Olympus, and other places I do not even know of."

Eiyam looks at Loki, eyes wide open.

"They say Monster are savages, but I can tell you are a person wiser than most demi-humans I've met."

"Thanks."

The group continues to walk down the streets.

Pelts, weapons, household tools, accessories, clothing, technologies, almost anything the mind can imagine are being sold on the streets of Asgard.

People from all walks of life trade on these streets. An oriental spirit bargains with a dwarf, an elf handing his crystals over to what seems to be a foreign spirit, who hands the elf the scarf it bought. The group walks past these scenes, stopping down as some of their members get stuff that interest them.

As the group walks, Loki stops. He walks over to what seems to be a weapon shop. He eyes a Jian on display. The Oriental sword resembles the broadsword used in Asgard and other European realms, but has a flashier design to it. It also feels lighter in comparison.

"Like it, young man?" The vendor speaks to Loki. "This thing came over from the Divine Realm in China, a land far out in the East. Though not as heavy, the things you could do with it is not to scoff at. Its sharpness would not pale to any sword or blade as well."

"That's interesting." Loki replied with a polite smile on his face. "But I currently have no need for a new sword."

Upon hearing Loki's reply, the vendor moves on to his next customer.

Loki continues to look throughout the store, awing at the display of foreign weapons. Katana from Hi no Moto, The Zweihandler from another part of Europe, a Greek shortsword, and many others.

"These weapons look handy, though I prefer something blunt myself." Thor says while walking up on Loki.

"Well, I just felt like stopping to admire the weapons." The two follows after the group, who has stopped moving.

The group's final stop is at Valorhall, the number one tavern in Asgard.

As Thor drinks and sing with the others, Loki takes a few sip. Seeing his brother party away with others, Loki announces his exit and proceeds home.

© Copyright 2020 jonewe (jonewe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2223269-Loki-2