*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2225054-Moving-In
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Snowi
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #2225054
Jesse, Artemis, and Apollo have an unexpected landlord.
         Graduation meant a lot of things for Jesse. After graduation, he would become a productive member of society. This also meant that he was now independent. Luckily, he had met two people (well, technically A.I.s) who were willing to teach him a few things: Artemis v3, who shared Jesse's love of hunting; and Apollo v5, who was a fellow musician. And so came the real question: where are they supposed to live?
         This question was promptly answered when the three went out house-hunting. They deemed that a house, while nice, would be a bit too expensive to start with, so they went with renting an apartment. However, rumors had sprung up about their future landlord. Some people said that he was merciless about the rent, and those that refused to pay were supposedly never heard from again.
         Surely, these were all just rumors. And so, with their documents in hand, they went to the landlord's office. Jesse knocks on the door before earning a reply from behind: "Come in~" The voice was male, and it had a pleasant, alluring tone. With a nervous gulp, the half-demon opens the door.
         The office was rather clean. A few chairs were in front of the main desk, and some plants were set in the corners of the room. The desk itself had a cup full of pens of varying colors, mostly black and blue. Behind the desk was a rack full of keys and the man himself: the landlord. The first notable feature was that he was attractive. Incredibly attractive. His hair was neatly combed back with asymmetrical bangs, and his eyes were a vibrant purple with slit pupils that seemed inhuman. His skin was just as inhumanly pale. The second notable feature was that he had wings and a tail. In summary, he was an incubus.
         "Welcome," the man says, tapping his fingers together. "My name is Felix. I heard that you want to rent an apartment here."
         "That is correct," Artemis says. One by one, the group gives their necessary documents. Felix looks through each document before finally speaking. "Jesse, Artemis." The two look up when their names are called. "Your documents say that your professions are hunting. Is that correct?"
         "It is," Jesse replies, gulping nervously.
         "What weapons do you own?" Felix asks, leaning on his desk.
         "A tranquilizer gun, a revolver, a rifle, and a shotgun," Artemis replies. "Jesse owns two customized pistols."
         "I see," Felix hums. "You two are licensed to use those, right?" They both nod before Artemis presents their licenses. Felix inspects them carefully before returning the documents. "There aren't any discrepancies," he comments, "so you're free to move in. You just have to sign some things." With a snap of his fingers, three contracts appear on the desk. "Sign here, here, and here. Once you've signed it, I'll give you your keys and get you three initiated."
         "Wait, initiated?!" Apollo exclaims, quickly catching on fire. "A-are you going to do something to us? Like, burn some sort of mark on our skin?" Artemis pats the fire out as Felix lets out a low chuckle.
         "No, no, no," the incubus replies. "It's just a fun little tradition that I do to keep myself busy. All that happens is I kiss wherever you'd like me to, and then I'll hand the keys over." The group huddles to find some way to go about this, and Felix simply leans on his desk, waiting for them to make a decision.
         "Oh, by the way," he adds, "if you aren't comfortable with me kissing you, that's completely fine." Jesse and Artemis let out sighs of relief.
         "Well, I guess I'm up for it," Apollo says with a gulp.
         "Excellent," Felix hums. "So, where would you like it?"
         "The cheek, preferably."
         And Felix did just that. Quickly pinning the A.I. against the nearest wall, he plants his lips against the others' screen. After a few seconds, he pulls away, licking his lips. Apollo falls on his rear seconds after the kiss, his shoulder catching on fire. Jesse and Artemis were just shocked at what just happened, but before they could get a word out, their landlord asks, "So, who is least likely to lose something?" Jesse and Apollo point at Artemis. With a nod, he picks a key off the rack behind him and tosses it to the antlered A.I., who promptly catches it. "Your apartment is 405," he says, walking back to his desk. "You can take the elevator if it's easier."
         With a nod, Jesse says, "Thank you." And so, the trio left the office to start moving in.
© Copyright 2020 Snowi (snowi32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2225054-Moving-In