*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2225144-I-watched-a-change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Draft · Experience · #2225144
A child of the 70’s Afro and all
It is shameful that the greatest Country in the world share two truths, yes?
Alternative truth verses truth.

It’s even more shameful that all it takes to hide the truth is money.

Truth is so simple.

Then comes the ‘buts’. Here comes the drama that orchestrates the illusion required to support hiding the truth. And what does it take to spread your truth communications. The more money the quicker, wider, the spread.

‪Random thought after Al Sharpton mentioned the choking of George Floyd in contrast to Eric Gardner. Maybe the visible choke hold (training), verses the less obvious choke hold executed by Chauvin was slightly less then perfection as per; Training? ‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

‪Point being, what if there are Brother’s or Sister’s who have experienced the same choke hold that killed #georgebut was released right before you thought you were dead? ‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

Random thought after Al Sharpton mentioned the choking of George Floyd in contrast to Eric Gardner. Maybe the visible choke hold (training), Eric, verses the less visible choke hold executed slightly less then perfection. Point being, what if there are Brother’s or Sister’s who have experienced the same choke hold George did but was released from the hold right before you thought you were dead?
But no surprise. The tone communicated by your Commissioner https://www.wfmz.com/features/think-tank/montgomery-county-commissioners-stateme...
is exactly the tone that perpetuates the protests and riotous behavior.
Please reconsider that the perceptions created and communicated within the press release attached should have revealed an all inclusive message.
The very first sentence shuts the doors, windows and isolates the County.
It’s obvious to me that not only People of Color aren’t welcomed in the County, if you all could control that, you would. The County doesn’t even care why the World is protesting and rioting against injustices perpetuated by poor policing. And it’s apparent to me that the County doesn’t intend on changing how they treat and Police People of Color.
But then again, maybe that’s exactly why the Press Release was released.

An example of an all inclusive tone is attached.

https://www.chesco.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1111

Please accept and consider, https://defineamerican.com/conversation I‘m just trying to help.
If I am not part of the solution I’m part of the problem.

Be Blessed
Rick Jenkins




😥😪😢

Black people are so tired. 😓

We can’t be handcuffed and put in the police car unless we are dead (#GeorgeFloyd)

We can’t go bird watching in Central Park (#ChristianCooper)

We can’t go jogging (#AmaudArbery).

We can’t relax in the comfort of our own homes (#BothemJeanand #AtatianaJeffersonand#BreonnaTaylor)

We can't ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).

We can't have a cellphone (#StephonClark).

We can't leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).

We can't play loud music (#JordanDavis).

We can’t sell CD's (#AltonSterling).

We can’t sleep (#AiyanaJones)

We can’t walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).

We can’t play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).

We can’t go to church (#Charleston9).

We can’t walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).

We can’t hold a hair brush while leaving our own bachelor party (#SeanBell).

We can’t party on New Years (#OscarGrant).

We can’t get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).

We can’t lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).

We can't break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).

We can’t shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .

We can’t have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).

We can’t read a book in our own car (#KeithScott).

We can’t be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover).

We can’t decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).

We can’t ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).

We can’t cash our check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).

We can’t take out our wallet (#AmadouDiallo).

We can’t run (#WalterScott).

We can’t breathe (#EricGarner).

We can’t live (#FreddieGray).

We’re tired.

Tired of making hashtags.

Tired of trying to convince you that our #BlackLivesMatter too.

Tired of dying.

Tired.

So very tired.

(Author Unknown. Copy and paste)

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88478467

Obama said, “…
I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.

That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, "Not this time." This time, we want to talk about the crumbling schools that are stealing the future of black children and white children and Asian children and Hispanic children and Native American children. This time, we want to reject the cynicism that tells us that these kids can't learn; that those kids who don't look like us are somebody else's problem. The children of America are not those kids, they are our kids, and we will not let them fall behind in a 21st century economy. Not this time.

This time we want to talk about how the lines in the emergency room are filled with whites and blacks and Hispanics who do not have health care, who don't have the power on their own to overcome the special interests in Washington, but who can take them on if we do it together.

This time, we want to talk about the shuttered mills that once provided a decent life for men and women of every race, and the homes for sale that once belonged to Americans from every religion, every region, every walk of life. This time, we want to talk about the fact that the real problem is not that someone who doesn't look like you might take your job; it's that the corporation you work for will ship it overseas for nothing more than a profit.

This time, we want to talk about the men and women of every color and creed who serve together and fight together and bleed together under the same proud flag. We want to talk about how to bring them home from a war that should have never been authorized and should have never been waged. And we want to talk about how we'll show our patriotism by caring for them and their families, and giving them the benefits that they have earned.”












© Copyright 2020 Angry Blackman (ricardoj60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2225144-I-watched-a-change