*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226227-Edits-and-addons-to-The-Past-Life
by Dazani
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Tragedy · #2226227
This is free to your critique!

PREFACE*

FUTURE-

She paced around the small, confined, dark room, her head pounding from a massive headache as she wondered where she had been placed. Ever since she had been enrolled in the program, she had always been cautious of her every action, and also always made sure her emotions never got the best of her. She continued pacing, as a young, bright brown-eyed man stumbled upon her, effectively showing she had been placed in "Arranged Marriage."

She burst into rage, her cheeks flaring up and her fists balled up while her nails dug into her skin. She screamed, she shouted, but no one heard her. It was all in her head. She kept her mouth shut, and kept quiet, trying to not let her anger burst out, though it was quite the fight.

The brown-eyed man laid his eyes upon her, eyeing her up and down, and even though he was pretty upset with his placement also, he couldn't help but gaze at her beautiful features. The way her long, silky burgundy colored hair flowed down her back....the way her gentle set, hazel eyes glazed around confusingly, and in anger....each and every curve that set her hips and waist perfectly....and her soft, plump lips in a hard, crushed line. Even with her so angry, he still found her to be the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and that, most definitely sparked his interest.

He walked up to her, her eyebrows furrowing as he approached, but her mind immediately melting, he was absolutely perfect. The way his bright brown eyes lit up the room....his massive lips, too big for his face, but still...so perfect...his long, dark brown, almost black hair tied back waving in the gentle breeze of the cool room. She, too, had her interest sparked, but the last time this happened, it didn't end well...at all.

(3 years prior)

"Shut your damn mouth, Scarlet!" Havier raised his voice to her, before punching her in her cheek causing her to fall to the ground. A dark purple bruise formed upon her pale skin, her arms tight around her stomach, as she was bearing his child.

"I don't want to hear another word. Otherwise, back to the chamber you and that demon spawn go." He mumbled harshly towards her crying body. She ached for help...she needed to be free.

(Future Day)

Scarlet's son, Zachari, wandered up to her, his eyes falling upon his stressed and strained mother before gazing up at the man who would eventually become his "step-father" for the next five years.

"Momma...I don't like this one..." Zachari whispered quietly to his mother, effectively straining her even more. Her voice cracked slightly, one tear slipping down her cheek as she leaned down to her four-year-old, cupping his cheek and putting on a fake smile. "My love, I will not let a soul touch you. You are safe...and I will be too....one day." She whispered the last part too softly, her son not able to make out her words.

"I know...but one day, we will be happy. We will be safe. I promise that, if anything to you..." She said, still smiling before letting herself cry softly, handing off Zachari's favourite toy to him to keep him distracted.

As Zachari was already distracted, his stressed mother asked herself repeatedly,

"What am I going to do?"

END OF PREFACE**



PRESENT DAY-

Havier woke up from an unconscious daze to find himself recruited to this new world. A world where everyone was labeled, a world where nobody had any options. He felt trapped, but he knew, he would one day get his revenge.

Havier had a very difficult childhood...his parents were quite past their time when his mother had first gotten pregnant with him. They were both thirty-six years old. Immediately after his birth, his father went to drugs, chose them, over his family. His mom, desperate, kept him until Havier turned eleven, and after words, they broke up, pushing his mother into a deeper depression. She began going out, drinking, doing drugs and finding men. She was slowly killing herself, and letting her child witness it. There were so many times when Havier had to sit with his mother to talk with her, and hopefully his words got through to her, but they never did. She continued driving herself into her grave, along with his father.

Havier, unknowingly, pushed everything aside, and furthered himself deeper into his own mental illnesses...along with making life difficult on the people around him.

"Hello? Is Havier Thompson home?" Havier heard an unknown voice at the door, followed by a knock.

"Who's asking?" Havier questioned, a snarky tone in his voice.

"Government assistance. Open the door, please, sir." The man replied.

Havier opened up the door to find two men, and a bail bondsman van outside, filled with his male neighbors. "What the hell is going on, man?" Havier asked, crossing his arms and moving reluctantly behind the door slightly.

"We don't want to have to force you, so, please. Make it easier on yourself, Mr. Thompson."

Havier nodded slowly before following the men to the van, and getting in the backseats and looking around confusingly. Nobody knew what was going on, everybody was very confused.

Moments later, they van arrived to a side road, where nobody was to be seen, and pulled over above a sewage way.

"Out the van, in a straight, orderly line and fashion." The man yelled harshly, the men walking out of the van all together, except for one.

"Sir, I said straight line, orderly fashion. Get in line." The man growled, standing over the other male from the van.

"Do something." The male said.

Without warning, he was attacked, the other males around seeming like a flip had been switched in their minds s they joined in on the attack, all while Havier stood there, horrified.



© Copyright 2020 Dazani (cloudofdust31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226227-Edits-and-addons-to-The-Past-Life