*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226393-Quantum-Buffer
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2226393
A proof of concept proves my theory was wrong.
An idea had been bouncing around my head for a few decades and recent events had given me a lot more free time. I wanted to try to eliminate the inevitable high ping that comes from using quantumly entangled satellite communication. My idea was to use the standard entangled setup up to a point, but instead of using the normal server to Quantum Entangler/Detangler(QED), I would add a Quantum Buffer(QB). I would then be able to save one of the triplet bits, in its current state, then to another QED before my computer saves the result.

I couldn't find any references to QBs on any of the normal search engines so I tried the first approach that I had come up with back when fiber optics were the latest and greatest. I looped a few miles of fiber optic cabling made from my own home general-purpose printer and used off the shelf software to have the entangled bits flying back and forth for the amount of time the satellite bound bits would take to make their roundtrip.

I wanted to test out the thing to make sure it was working correctly and the best way I could think of to do so was to stream the same song that Musk played as he touched down on the surface of Mars, Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams, when it started playing over the speakers.

The buffer was full and my data monitor showed the data stream coming from the QB was maxing out the connection. Apparently I didn't build what I thought I was building. I'm sure future me will be able to tell me where I messed up.
© Copyright 2020 Jeffhans (jeffhans at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226393-Quantum-Buffer