*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226505-Tonights-the-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Community · #2226505
Community Challenge. 48-hour Challenge Media Prompt. "Tonight Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae
Jim decided this was the day he would propose to his girlfriend of 4 years. His friends, especially Ricky, told him he was making a bad decision. Jim just chalked this up to jealousy and told them to bounce. Nothing could rain on his parade this day.

Jim already had the ring. It was a beautiful 4 carat Diamond set in a White Gold Ring. Engraved on the inside was the date of their first date. It was the most expensive thing he ever bought. He was planning on proposing today. He already talked to his manager, Jim was going to leave work five hours early, get some flowers and wine, then head home. Oh, how surprised will Stef be, he thought with a smile. So, Stef would not suspect anything he parked around the block. Grabbed the flowers and the bottle of wine and was off. Before he turned the corner, he saw a familiar car parked across the street from his house. It was his wife's friend, Thomas. Jim for the life of himself could not figure out what Thomas was doing there. Last Jim heard, Thomas was somewhere up north on a fishing trip.

Jim heard loud music coming from his house as he approached the front door. The door was unlocked. Jim's heart sank. He slowly opened the door. When he didn't see anyone in the living room he slowly crept in. His brain told him what he was about to find, but his heart told him another story. Jim hoped his heart would win. Jim Heard noises coming from the back room. He smiled. The back room was their gaming room. That's how Stef and Thomas met. They were gamers. That's all that was happening. He looked down the hall and noticed the door was open. See, he thought, they're just playing games. His smile faded as he approached. He saw Stef naked, bent down over the sofa. Thomas was behind her thrusting. Jim froze. He stood for what seemed like an eternity before turning around and leaving. He set the roses and wine on the table next to the door and turned around. He pulled out his phone and began recording. He slowly walked into the back room, still un-noticed by the two. "The Elusive SLUT in her natural habitat." Jim's mock documentarian voice carried over the video game music. Thomas jumped. Stef grabbed a blanket and covered. "JIM," her voice a shrill squeal. "What are you doing home?"

"I am home to tell you to go get out of my house."

"Just calm down man." Thomas didn't seem to notice he was still naked.

"You don't talk to me." Thomas, offend approached Jim. Jim punched Thomas. And as he turned off balance Thomas took out the engagement ring, showed it to a now crying Stef and proceeded to shove it up Thomas' rectum. Thomas, off guard screamed in pain. As Jim left he shouted, "Party at the Rooftop, Tonight."

The Rooftop was a bar down town. Nothing fancy. A nice place to have a pint. Ricky sat next to Jim at the bar. He took a long drink from his mug and just looked at Jim. Jim looked at Ricky and smiled. "Yup. That's what I should have done." Ricky held to fingers up to the bartender as Jim finished another beer.
© Copyright 2020 Bloodfreak (bloodfreak187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226505-Tonights-the-Night