*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226657-Haunting-in-Hakone
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Folklore · #2226657
A J-Horror fiction
~Haunting in Hakone~


Kaito and Moriko
2003年9月8日

"The old Nishikawa residence has been abandoned for two years, since a mysterious fire started in an upstairs bedroom, claiming the life of one of Nishikawa household members. Her charred remains found where the fire was believe to have started, the body was burnt beyond recognition. Since the disaster, the other Nishikawa family members have vanished, with no one knowing their current whereabouts. The house has been left untouched, with no plans on refurbishment or reselling, leaving many locals questioning, what started the fire? And where did the Nishikawa family disappear too? To this day it remains a mystery."

"You're just trying to creep me out" Moriko said, feeling uncomfortable while listening to her boyfriends story about the old Nishikawa house. It's true, she knew the house had been abandoned, and she had never seen anyone come or go, but she had never heard anything about the families mysterious disappearance, or a charred body being found. Kaito was obviously trying to get a reaction, something he often done during their relationship.

"Why don't we head over? Have a look?" Kaito suggested with excitement. Moriko was less than thrilled by the idea, she just wanted a nice evening in with her boyfriend, not exploring some creepy old abandoned house. Unable to stop Kaito and change his mind, Moriko slipped her coat and shoes on, and followed Kaito down the street, to the old abandoned Nishikawa house.

"We shouldn't be here, let's go home" Said Moriko, her words falling on deaf ears. Kaito climbed over the house's front gate, and approached the front door. "Kaito! We're going to get in trouble!" Moriko called, trying to remain as quiet as possible. Kaito ignored Moriko and silently entered the house, leaving Moriko standing outside, "Kaito!" She yelled in protest, getting no response. Annoyed having been left outside alone, Moriko followed, hoping to get Kaito to come home.

"Kaito? Where are you?" She quietly called, making her way through the dark house "Kaito, this isn't funny!". There was no response from Kaito, there was no sound at all, no footsteps, no creaking floorboards, nothing but silence. Moriko crept upstairs, and there she found the burnt bedroom from Kaito's story. There was still no sight of Kaito as Moriko continued to look for him. Tired of looking, she drew her phone and sent a text, asking where he was. Moments later, his phone was heard from the bathroom.

"Kaito! Stop messing around!" Moriko yelled as she stormed towards the bathroom, the temperature in the house rising as she approached the door. "Kaito!" She yelled one last time, gently pushing the bathroom door open. Moriko fell silent, paralyzed by fear and shock. Kaito laid in the bathtub, a lifeless corpse with a look of horror on his face, eyes wide open and his jaw hung low. His body was burnt, blistered and scorched. Moriko recovered herself quickly, and ran towards the front of the house.

At the front door, She stopped again, unable to move, and not because of fear this time. Looking down, Moriko saw two charred hands gripping tightly at her ankles, painfully burning at her flesh. With one quick pull, Moriko fell onto her front, and let out one final loud scream before being dragged back into the dark Nishikawa house.
© Copyright 2020 T.D. Harrison (thearthurian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226657-Haunting-in-Hakone