*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226673-A-JOURNEY-TO-THE-MOON
Rated: E · Short Story · Educational · #2226673
Creative story about Mr tortoise who had to attend his Grandpa's birthday in the moon.

WISE GRANDMA STORIES
A journey to the moon by Mudogo Shilenje
mshilenje@gmail.com

Mr Tortoise had many friends’ children and wife. His wife’s place was up there in the moon. One-time Mr tortoise father in-law was having a birthday. Tortoise would not fly to the moon for he had no wings. He thought for a moment and decided to consult his friends the birds. After a long consideration by the birds, they decided not to let the tortoise miss the journey. They therefore decided to give some of their feathers for flying as well as escorting him. After a day’s preparation they were ready for traveling.

The journey to the moon was long since they were to cross and fly over big stars. On there way as they went they decided to nickname themselves. One said I’m a weaverbird the other said I’m an owl and so far, But Mr tortoise said he will be called “All of you”. He said this because he was having a hidden agenda. You know the suggestion to have nicknames was from Mr tortoise himself. When they arrived in the moon, they were welcomed warmly by the father in-law to tortoise. He was very happy to see his son in-law and it was not before they started feasting. Several foods were served however every time the server served food Mr tortoise would ask, whose food is this? The server would always answer the food is for “All of you”. Therefore tortoise ate all the food that was served to them. His friends would try to ask for some food but all was in vain. They only feasted on the remains. While the birds got angrier and angrier the tortoise was busy taking some beer.

It was night and sooner they were escorted to the guest room to rest for the night. Since the tortoise had taken some beer, he was soon asleep while his friends were still struggling to get some sleep. This gave them time to discuss their fate with their incompetence friend Mr tortoise. They all decided to teach their friend a lesson. They agreed as soon as they would be on their way, they would take back their feathers from Mr tortoise.

After breakfast the next morning they were on there journey back to the earth. Some meters from the moon the birds took back their feathers and flew as faster as they would. They landed on earth before the tortoise and quickly went to his wife. They cheated his wife that tortoise had instructed them to put outside where he was directly coming to land many sharp rocks. They also instructed her to pack some food to take back to their families. It was not long after they left when Mr tortoise fell down from the sky with a greater force. He landed on the sharp rocks. The sharp rocks destroyed his skin. He was only cured after a great witch doctor Mr monkey healed him. His family was left with nothing since there food had been given to the birds. Also, they had spent much on his medication.

Since that day Mr tortoise learned a lesson never to cross his friends again. He learned to appreciate anyone who helped them from then
© Copyright 2020 Mr Mudogo Shilenje (mshilenje at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2226673-A-JOURNEY-TO-THE-MOON