*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227020-Bible-Journalling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Opinion · #2227020
Trying to go through the Bible
DAY 4- MATHEW CHAPTER 4
I look out for the Idea, Mess and God's Plan/Fulfilment.
There was a plan when the Holy Spirit led Jesus to the wilderness. The temptation was the Mess but by now, we know that the mess never wins.
Then the Plan happened when Jesus starts His ministry and gets His disciples.
I wondered about a few things;
When the tempter was working, he started with Bible quotes, to which Jesus also replied. This is how people "misinterpret" the word of God. When we use the words to favour us and our situations, if we are not careful, we would quote right words in wrong instances.
However, my interest is in the final temptation and how Jesus sent satan away. He said,"Away from me...!" Be fore quoting a verse.
I think this means we can use normal words to get the devil out of our minds sometimes, in addition to the Bible quotes.
Another thing is, when Jesus heard that John had been imprisoned, he moved. I know He knew His mission and how it was to work and all, otherwise, for any normal person without knowledgeof the future, they should have feared to even come in public, knowing that the one who was making a path got arrested.
Finally,bill touch on the calling of disciples. See how He called Simon and Andrew and they just left everything, even though He wasn't that popular at the time. I think it was the Holy spirit that helped the selection. Also, when James and John were called, they just left their father(how disrespectful...lol)...
Hmmm
© Copyright 2020 zeebarby (zeebarby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227020-Bible-Journalling