*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227899-Why-a-real-life-soap-opera
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #2227899
I have some notable friends--but, this one is almost unreal and a bit bazaar
I have some old friends that go way back when I was a teenager. This particular friend had an older sister that got married decades ago--now here it was an unusual marriage in that the bride and groom's family brook out into a fight at the ceremony I was told by my girlfriend. And, at this wedding my girlfriend met the groom's older brother whom she eventually married and I was in her wedding without family because of the fighting going on. So, my girlfriend and her older sister married brothers--making them married sisters to married brothers.

She had a religious family that went to church regularly. Decades later, my girlfriend's parents were church goer friends with another couple at the same church every Sunday. This lasted until her father fell ill and passed leaving her mother alone in her own home. Without her husband my girlfriend's mother continued worshiping at the same church when she was widowed. And, then something else happened.

My girlfriend's mother's church friend's wife also passed leaving him a widower. So, the two couples had lost their partner, one a husband and one a wife. Then 9-11 happened and the world as we know it changed. With that, my girlfriend's mother then reached out to her church friend that lost his wife and got married to him--saying all the while the whole world is going crazy and we are too!

They had about 10 years of more living together and not alone. About 8 years ago the church second husband died and then later on she passed a few years ago too at a ripe old age. In the face of adversity--one only knows what course to take or how the cards will fall willingly. I still talk to my friend now and then--I'm always wondering about her family--a real soap opera.
© Copyright 2020 Rosie Best (roslynmoran at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2227899-Why-a-real-life-soap-opera