*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2228038-Winner-or-Loser
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Personal · #2228038
A short opinion piece on what makes a winner or loser.
What's the difference between a winner or loser? I maintain the difference is only the mind-set. Then the question becomes, what's the difference between winning and losing? Let me show you something. Four days ago, I played chess against the computer. I played two games and a puzzle. I won them all. The next day, I was afraid to play. I was afraid of losing. I did end up doing some training. On the fourth day, I did some more training but with more chess puzzles against the computer. I lost them all. But I kept at it. Finally I passed the level. I didn't even feel bad for losing all those puzzles. In fact, I didn't think of it as losing. That's the key. Even the computer considered them losses, It asked me three times if I wanted to skip the level and move on. But I didn't see it as losing, I saw it as a challenge. I saw it as a chance to get better I had to los in order to win. They weren't losses, they were wins. So the difference between winners and losers is not whether you failed, but whether you consider yourself a winner or a loser. If we consider our journey as a winning one, we're all winners.
© Copyright 2020 FireWriter2012 (firewriter2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2228038-Winner-or-Loser