*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2229370-Avatar-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2229370
First few scenes of a possible sequel, for the famous Avatar movie (James Cameron).
Written and edited in one go. Was inspired to be written for possible employment. No.1.


That night changed me . . . changed everything! I was no longer bound to my old ways. I have lost my chains, my broken body, and broken soul seized to exist. As I have found a new life . . . a new meaning . . . of which I could be a part of. That night proved that there is hope for the lost, and that no amount of suffering, or hardship can deter me from reaching my goals.
That night, and many before that taught me the lessons I had to learn: To listen to my own and take matters into my own hands. Without it . . . without the courage, I would be still living in that hellish apartment, among people of no life. Somewhere deep-beneath the hate . . .

***


"Jake-Jake!"–Norm yelled as they jumped down from their horse–"Where's Jake?" they anxiously asked between two heavy breaths.
"Why you ask such a thing?" Neytiry asked as they tended their offspring.
"There's no time to explain . . . Need to find 'em fast," they slurred.
"There-there now, little one,"– the infant smiled back at Neytiri, just before they got a kiss on the head–"Can you not tell me more?"
They shook their head in disagreement, "No-no . . . Well, y-yes, but not now!"–they steeped closer to Neytiri and grabbed them by the arm–"I'm sorry, but this cannot wait,"–They looked them deep in the eye–"They're back,"

***


"H'okkay everyone, today you'll become a proud owner of an ikran,"–they laughed–"That is they don't eat you first!" "So who's going first?"
For one reason or another, the row of hunters did not bulge. This made Jake frown, "O come on, you're all excellent fighters . . . You might even live up to Tsu'tey one day,"–they crossed their arms–"So who's going to prove me their worth?"
Few moments of silence passed by, when suddenly Ngiunä decided to step into the light. Their voice echoed the halls of the cave "I'll go first!"
Jake shrugged their shoulders, "OK . . . Just don't think I'll go easy on ya, just because you're my daughter,"
"Tsk . . . You're growing old man,"–Jake's eyes went wide open–"Just let me handle this," they taunted as they handed over their gear; while the rest of the group started to snicker on their remarks.
Jake pulled up their chest, "Now listen to me young lady! You think–"
They could not continue their speech, as Ngiunä suddenly disappeared behind a waterfall, and took matters into their own hands.
"Relax Jake, they just play trick on you," a nearby guard spoke as they tried to ease the situation.
Jake grumbled, "Nobody told me parenting was this hard . . ."–they stepped closer to the guard–"Get the rest ready, I'll check if Ngiunä is still alive . . ."–they put on a fake smile–"If that's the case, then I'll take care of them myself!"
"Be gentle, not harsh on them . . . They're young and fiery inside. Just as you!" the guard added with great amusement.
Jake did not listen at all, and let most of their wisdom go over their head. Instead, they stumped closer to the cloud of vapor, when suddenly Neytiri landed right next to them–almost tripping them over. "Jake, where's my Jake?" they asked with haste.
Jake slowly stood up in their stumble, "Hey Neytiri, What brings you here?
"I've news from Norm. He says your people are coming back," they worryingly spoke.
This stunned Jake "W-what . . . Are you sure?"
"Most certain, he showed me. You must see that yourself. I'll send news to the clans. Now go!"
Jake's hands quickly curled up into balls of fire, "So it begins. . . "

***


"So what's going on guys?" Jake asked, as they stepped into the now open control deck.
"I told you this would happen, but you didn't listen," Sam lectured, while they were busy decoding messages.
"Happen what exactly?"
"Invasion . . . That's what," Norm noted.
"That's it?"–they eased their stance–"Pff . . . That's why I'm here?"
"No Jake . . . This is why . . . Look,"–Sam fired up a projector to show their latest findings–"That . . . That right there is no joke my friend,"
Jake could not believe their eyes: A massive fleet of military ships were en route to Pandora; the mighty Turuk Mak To's heart sunk a little. Norm wanted to give them a helping hand, but was lost at speech. Instead, they sat down, and adjusted their mask, "Now you understand, Do you not?"
"I'm not sure if even Eywa can save us this time,"–Sam added as they searched for more evidence–"Look at all that destruction . . . and nukes,"
Jake felt puzzled and had great difficulty accepting the situation, "How's this even possible in such short time?"
"Greed and money," Norm replied plainly.
"Haha! Don't forget the hate . . . That's a killer," Sam added.
"You two aren't helping . . ." Jake noted, when an arrow landed near them, and pierced an old monitor.
Ngiunä was standing outside–not far from them–as they lowered their bow, "Well thanks for leaving me behind old man. Just like you always do!" they shouted in anger.
Jake was not in the mood to be polite, "Not-now. Not-now!" they repeated equally frustrated.
"Boy-o-boy, here we go," Sam murmured as they planned their escape.
"That's enough Ngiunä, we should go now. This was a bad-bad idea," their friend suggested, as they imagined what would come next if they would stay longer.
But Ngiunä was determined, and let out a quirky laugh, "Don't be ridiculous,"–they replied to their friend with arrogance, as they raised their bow high up–"Did I hurt your feelings, Father?" they yelled back.
"We're leaving Ngiunä, we're already in big trouble," their friend spoke as they chose to leave.
This–however–did not deter the strong willed warrioress that she was; much like their parents. Instead, they held their ground and continued, "Would you care to listen to me once? It's not like the world is about to end!" they jokingly argued.
Jake jumped out from the room, and ran up to Ngiunä, with fear in their eyes, "That's exactly what's about to happen,"
© Copyright 2020 Marcell Áron Erdei (thearonstory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2229370-Avatar-2