*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231175-Lucid-Twilight-001
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2231175
Feren discovers that he can pull his sleeping body into his dreams, what now?
I remember falling asleep in my bed, but I woke up in an unfamiliar room, a lonely nostalgia washed over me as I took in a deep breath through my nose. The dimly lit room smelled faintly of alcohol, moist carpet, and cigarettes. Suddenly I felt a weight shift behind me on the bed. I sat up and surveyed the room. It was entirely unfurnished, not including the bed I was sat on. Behind me was a sleeping creature with dark fluffy fur. The face of which was obscured by a large canine skull that was seemingly part of its face, almost as if it had been fused to its own. Their unmistakable height caused them to curl slightly on the bed, and my smaller lucid size didn't help to bring us to the same level.

All loneliness left my soul as I rolled over and spoke softly to my furry friend.

"I'm here for good now."

I know not their name, or if they have one, Communication tends to be somewhat telepathic in most realities. This creates unbreakable friendships, and horrifically godless enemies.

Scooting closer, I nuzzled in closely to take in some body heat, as the room was a little too chilly for me to bear alone. I allowed their arms to envelope me in a soothing hug, and I began to drift off to sleep in their embrace.
© Copyright 2020 AarTech (aartech at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231175-Lucid-Twilight-001