*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231199-Nothing-Will-Separate-Me-from-Gods-Love
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #2231199
Life could come between you and your spiritual beliefs. Don't let them. God is real.
I read a post this morning that stated, that a person had a disease, and prayed to God for two or three years for healing. Nothing happened. The person heard about some man that could heal her. On contacting the man, the man told the person she would be healed. Since that contact, the person stated that she had been healed and advised everyone else to contact this man for healing.

That post made me stop, re-read, and then think again. The next thought that came to my mind was "I will let nothing separate me from the love of God!' I wondered where did that thought come from, and just as quickly came my answer.

In Georgia, where I come from, as little as it is talked about out in the open, some people believe in "roots" as much as they do in God. I remember conversations from some of my home folks about visits to Dr. Buzzard, and I know my father used to make trips to South Carolina to have a talk with Dr. Buzzard. When I got married and my ex and I were falling out of "love" I was advised to go have a talk with Dr. Buzzard. I never did, and since then I have wondered what Dr. Buzzard would have told me. My marriage failed, and that was the end of that, and still no talks with Dr. Buzzard.

So, why did all of this come up today? I don't know. I also thought about smoking today, and I don't know where that came from either, but what I do KNOW is that the thought that followed my reading that person's post still lingers with me, "I will let nothing separate me from the love of God!"

My thoughts about God and His role in my life are stronger than ever, and this pandemic has done nothing but to strengthen my resolve to be more Christ-like every day. I know that I am not a
martyr and I also know that I do not believe everything that I read. However, faith has worked miracles in my life, and if this person's faith in the man she in touch with led to her healing, thank God.

I have seen miracles. The life of my granddaughter, Eiriyana.
My granddaughter Eriyana was another life miracle, and look at her now. This month, she will be celebrating her twenty-seventh (27th) birthday, and she gave me my first great-grandson. Yes, I believe in miracles, but I know that my miracles came directly from God!

My granddaughter, Miss Malinda was not supposed to still be here. I remember the night the doctors gave up on her. The night my daughters and Miss Malinda's other grandmother formed a circle around her after the doctors told us there was nothing else they could do for her, and we prayed over her, God delivered her that night. Today, Miss Malinda is in the seventh grade and excelling.

I am reminded of the old Black woman who went into a closet to get on her telephone line to talk with Jesus, and she invited Him (Jesus) into the room --Come on in the room, Lord, come on in the room. So, as I continue contemplating all of the other possibilities around COVID-19 and other diseases, I am reminded that "I will let nothing separate me from the love of God!'

So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18 KJV

I must remember to stay focused for if I do not, I may drift into unforgivable trouble.

Peace and blessings today as always!
© Copyright 2020 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2231199-Nothing-Will-Separate-Me-from-Gods-Love