*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2232014-The-Worst-of-2020
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Political · #2232014
This article is about everything that has happened in the year 2020.
As we all know the year 2020 has been a rough one. It first started off with COVID-19, then nation wide shut down, we were put under curfew, police killing innocent African Americans for no reason, and riots started breaking out. In United States Florida there are 12,114 (+200), cases 652K (+2,056). In Miami-Dade County Cases 162K (+407), Deaths 2,740 (+74). We have lost so many innocent lives through out the past few months, it's not only sad, but it's been a very scary ride. This is what we know about COVID-19 that was first detected in Wuhan, China in late 2019, and set off a global pandemic.
The original name for this virus is SARS-CoV-2 originated in bats. COVID-19 reached humans at one of Wuhan’s open-air “wet markets." This is where people buy fresh meat and fish including animals that they kill on the spot. On January 30th, 2020 they announced the COVID-19 outbreak a global health emergency. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that the virus entered the United States in late January or early February, noticing low-level community spread without being noticed. Since then, we have experienced widespread infections with nearly 180,000 deaths reported as of August 28th, 2020. On April 3, 2020, the CDC recommended that everyone in public, even those without symptoms should wear a mask in public, because social distancing was becoming difficult to keep in order.
Let's start by when this pandemic first started, it took about two months into the pandemic to go under quarantine. Donald Trump took the choice, felt like a nationwide shut down was not necessary at the moment. That is why the cases and deaths spiked up in Florida. In other part of the world they went into shutdown from the moment it started and we didn't. Throughout the whole world, Florida was the world's main hot spot with COVID-19. The president, is someone who is supposed to help the american people, not play with our lives and down play what is really going on. But he failed and continues to fail to protect us and to lie to us.
Another problem that we started to have was curfew. When curfew got put in affect, it was a little too late. People were not listening to the social distancing guidelines, or wearing mask in public, like how they were supposed to, and that's when the cases/deaths started to spike up out of control. Since people were not listening to the rules then the 10pm-6am curfew was put in affect. At first only the older people could go out to do grocery at 6am and then everyone else was allowed to go and do their grocery/essential shopping. The first most important supplies that companies started to run out of was toilet paper. I mean it only makes sense that if we go on lock down that stores make sure that we have the supplies that are needed. Am I right? One of the reasons why I strongly feel and believe that the president down plaid this pandemic and took this as a joke, is because of the simple fact that he started messing with the curfew. First, the curfew was permanent, then the curfew was lifted, then it was put back up. Then, it was only Palm Beach with curfew only. Finally, not only was curfew lifted, despite the fact that the cases and deaths were going up, but I feel like we reopened too soon.
On May 25th, 2020 George Floyd, a 46 year old Black American man was killed, and that's when the rioting began. An innocent man was killed by officer Derek Chauvin for allegedly using a counterfeit bill. The officer was knelt on his neck, while handcuffed for several minutes. He kept screaming " I can't breath," while also calling out for his mother, " Mama, mama." Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with this not one bit. When I saw the video go viral, I became very upset. But, the rioting started the day after this happened to George Floyd, and even though I agree with the protesting, because like I said earlier about the president, the same thing goes for the police. They are supposed to protecting us, not hurting us and killing us without actual prove that we have done something wrong. I do believe in justice not only for this man, but for the many people that have lost their lives in the hands of our officers. But there is a better way of doing it, rather than to sit there and burn down buildings and rioting.
What I'm trying to say here is that due to the presidents actions and decisions, we are suffering and going through a lot. The world isn't the same any more. But we as the american people are supposed to come together as one and help make the situation better instead of worse by rioting, or by trying to defund the police. Let's stop the violence, remember that violence is not always the answer to the solution. For once, without the president's help or anyone's help at that, let's get together and make this world a better place. Like how it used to be. Let's wear our mask the right way and when in public, let's get better at social distancing and follow the guidelines when going out in public, and to restaurants. Let's make a difference on our own and together.
© Copyright 2020 nikki1208 (nikkiruiz1208 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2232014-The-Worst-of-2020