*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2232942-Forest-Fantasy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2232942
Kjel the warrior is lost in the Eternal Forest
Although midday, the canopy of the giant grey oaks and elephant leaf top trees choked out almost all light. It was nearing the start of dark winter and the fire blazed. How long had I been here? How close was I to the Village of Nye at the edge of the forest? I could tell by my food stores I had enough food for another couple days that seemed to melt together. The Eternal Forest was living up to its reputation. The forest, although lacking light, did not lack an impending sense of doom. The shadows seemed ready to pounce like a creature stalking its prey, waiting patiently. The leaves on the trees started swaying and the shadows began to move. I gripped the hilt of my sword, flexing, and releasing, preparing. A flash from the shadows behind me, my senses reacting without hesitation. I was turning on my feet with the sword, out of its sheathing, towards the direction of the flash. Lightning arced menacingly at me. My sword took the lightning blast directly, sending me through one of the giant oaks towering overhead.

"You dont belong here" Halocyn, the fairy god echoed.
Halocyns wings were twice the size of his body. They shown with bright blues and greens in the streaks of light in the trees. Halocyn floated in the air, his wings not being necessary for flight.
"








I promised the Fairy god, Halycon I would defeat the woodland giant before
© Copyright 2020 Cody Michael (shatterfox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2232942-Forest-Fantasy