*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233377-Flash-Fiction-1
by Runei
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2233377
Who: Baker, Where: Canteen, Genre: Horror
Michael followed the trail of blood with his eyes until it ended, in the gloom ahead, in what he believed to be a heap of entrails. He closed his eyes and subdued an urge to throw up his midday meal, and wished intently for this nightmare to end, and for him to return to the bakery. When he opened his eyes, the canteen around him was still there and the sinking feeling inside told him he was not going to make it out alive.
He had gone in here in the hopes of finding his daughter Chelsea, but the whole school area had been eerily silent. He felt lost, but couldn't make himself to leave before knowing where Chelsea was - or what had happened to her.
Taking slow, measured steps he approached the smelly heap ahead warily. A decapitated head with long blonde hair was now visible and Michaels breath caught. He stepped awkwardly around it to see the face, and was abhorred by his own feeling of thankfulness as he identified the poor woman as Miranda, Chelsea's friend from ballet-class. Where could Chelsea be? Her bag had been at the entrance of the canteen, which was why he had entered.
A sound behind him made him spin around. A silhouette flashed past and he felt the touch of flowing hair on his face. "Who's there?!" he yelled with a shaking voice.
"Daddy..." a hoarse voice whispered behind him. He turned to see the silhouette crouched by Miranda's decapitated head. The creature looked up and he gasped as he recognized his daughter.
"Chelsea, what..." he was confused. Chelsea's mouth was covered in blood. She looked up at him and smiled, revealing sharp fangs. "Chelsea..." he sobbed. He was not going to make it. "Daddy..." the creature said and rushed at him.
© Copyright 2020 Runei (ringlev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233377-Flash-Fiction-1