*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233928-Little-Gomez
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2233928
A mexican boy tries to look for his relatives
Gomez' little stomach rumbled as he looked at the stall after stall of food stands. Hiding behind a hot dog stand, the smell almost drove him insane. He looked down at his dirty pants and images of crawling in the mud washed over him. His fathers cousin was supposed to be here somewhere, but only his father knew how she looked.

"Do you need help?"

Gomez looked up seeing the Hot Dog Man looking at him.

Gomez remembered his father's words. 'It is better to be a thief than a beggar.' "No! Vete!" Gomez yelled.

"You want a Hot Dog kid?" Said Hot Dog Man, "You look kinda starved. Where are your parents?"

Gomez' image of his father floating away down the river hit him again. Then the images of passing under the fence. Running from the dogs. He felt weak, sat down on the floor and started crying.

Hot Dog Man held a hot dog out to Gomez. "Here, Take it kid." He held it closer.

Gomez took a bite of the hot dog. It was delicious and he wolfed it down.

"Hey kid, you need a roof for tonight?"

Gomez' father had warned him of this. Going with strangers he would be kidnapped and killed. So he got up, taking his dirty bag and ran. He ran so fast not noticing a rope hanging down from one of the stalls. It trapped his ankle and he fell down rolling in the street. The contents of his bag spilled all over.

A man helped him up and a woman helped pick up his things. She picked up a picture of his family. Then she looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Chicho?"

He nodded his head and they fell into a big embrace.
© Copyright 2020 RockeyHarley (dangalg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2233928-Little-Gomez