*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2235430-The-Beyond
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2235430
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I would sleep. I would wake. I would walk. I would stare into the night.

This life had grown monotonous. Purposeless.

And night after night.
Days after days.
Weeks after weeks.
Months after months.

I would sleep. I would wake. I would walk. I would stare into the night.

These months would soon transform into years... And I still wouldn't have the guts to enter her frore clutches.

I would sleep. I would wake. I would walk. I would stare into the night.

But last night, I waded into the ocean alone.
As the freezing water pierced through my skin, I screamed into the dead night "The joke is over. Bring him back home!"

The black waves trembled and held me in the tightest hug
They smirked and said, "Some loves stick together till the very end & then there are others where one heart stays and the other heart wanders...."

They added "But we do make exceptions. If you want, your heart could wander with his.... forever. But just your hearts. You could feel each other hearts, but not touch each other. You could stay together, but not live together. If you want."

I had been so tired of sleeping.
and waking
and walking
and staring. So tired. Of waiting.

I leaped into the icy ocean as she pulled me to her waters below. I dove as deep as I could. The deeper I dove, the more I felt my face turning into ice.

No more sleeping. No more waking. No more walking.
Tonight, I will be his, and he mine.

I could sense the end of this mighty ocean. I could sense the lull. I waited for his heart to find mine. I waited to be his.





......and then I slept. And I woke. And I Walked. And I stared into the night
© Copyright 2020 Aakanksha (aakanksha.p at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2235430-The-Beyond