*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236186-The-Day-Begins
Rated: E · Chapter · Mystery · #2236186
The Opening scene from my newest mystery series The Checkmate Club: Shots and Ladders
The tickle of her cat’s whiskers told her it was time to wake up long before a male voice said, “Well it’s nine am and you’re the only one here with opposable thumbs so either get up and make breakfast or I’ll make a meal out of those two vermin you keep as pets.”
Yori rolled over groaning, “Oh come on Gambit. You know it was a long night. Three different campaigns and one that almost ended in a fistfight between a bard and The DM. Just five more minutes.”
“Whose fault is it that I’ve spent the last two thousand years as a cat?” Gambit countered.
“Who was it that wished to be worshiped for eternity?” She asked without opening her eyes.
“When I made that wish I didn’t think you’d turn me into a furball.”
“That’s funny coming from your current form, or did you forget you picked a sphynx cat?”
“By the name, I thought it’d give me a chance to see my old face again. Not to become some hairless freak that has to wear little sweaters to stay warm.”
© Copyright 2020 LeAnna Shields (mythmystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236186-The-Day-Begins