*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236261-Moving-On
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Relationship · #2236261
It's time to let it go, sweetheart.
Moving On

In the beginning, it will hurt,
It will consume you,
It will knock you down,
and tear you apart.

The memories and pains follow you everywhere.
You won't be able to stop thinking;
What went wrong?
Why is this happening?
Why is this pain unstoppable?

You wake up with puffy eyes,
and a swollen nose.
Your heart just can't stop aching,
till the pain can be felt physically.
You just wish to end your life.

It is unbearable,
It is indescribable.

However,
as time goes by, you will kinda feel numb. You are getting used to it. You start to see reason and understand, not all things will work out as you wanted it to be. Maybe it's just a phase of acceptance, but that's the sad truth. Heartbreak is inevitable especially from someone you are in love with. The hardest part isn't goodbye but to live without them. It seems impossible in the beginning until your mind got clearer, until your heart finds its peace. That's where you realize; a chapter of your life is done and you need to move on to your next chapter. Don't worry, you are stronger, wiser, and aware. Aware of how love can be so fragile and pure, yet has the power to break, shatter, and destroy you.

Moving on isn't something to work on. You don't wake up in the morning thinking about what can you do today to move on. As much as you think to yourself how to make it work, you won't be able to move on. It is a learning process. A painful, yet meaningful. You learn that you can't have expectations. You can't expect someone to love and want you as much as you do. No matter how powerful your love is toward them, if they decided to leave you, they will. Honestly, you can't really blame them: If you really love that person, you will want them to be happy. Even if their happiness is meant to be without you. You will respect that and let them go because you want them to be happy. A forced love is not love. It is possession.

Today, my heart no longer hurt over that person. No hate, no grudges. I'm thankful instead, for this meaningful lesson of life. It was hard, I swear. But, it's over. This is a story that I've deeply buried and it didn't bother me anymore.

Let it go,
Let it hurt,
Let it teach you,
Let it build you.

The pain will go and you will be stronger and wiser. Wise enough, as who you allow yourself to love. Let yourself fall in love again when you are ready.





© Copyright 2020 Julia (noorjulia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236261-Moving-On