*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236704-What-the-world-needs-now
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Biographical · #2236704
What is happening today.

I look around my home, I have food, and the essentials. My Cat’s, Annabelle and Scotty are outside trying to get the last of the sun filled days. We are facing the madness, Covid-19. Financially, I will always owe someone. I wish we could all be like it was back in the day. When neighbors took care of each other. Words from the song, “ Love sweet love.” What the world needs now is love, sweet love, No not just for some but for everyone. Lord, we don't need another mountain, There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb. There are oceans and rivers enough to cross, Enough to last till the end of time. What the world needs now is love, sweet love. It's the only thing that there's just too little of what the world needs now is love, sweet love, No, not just for some but for everyone. Lord, we don't need another meadow. There are cornfields and wheat fields enough to grow…”
People are scared, Fear breeds anger and that turns into hate. No one stops to breathe.

Each day in my life is a struggle. I am a 55 year old recovering lesbian that writes for a living. We have a roommate who has 3 dog’s. We live in a 1970’s mobile home. We have heat with Propane. Our electric bill goes sky high every winter. Our landlord recently passed away. They new landlord is having us pay to pump out the septic tank, cost $190. My wife and I are low income because of Social Security disability. So, basically we live in a tin can that isn’t insulated, has faulty wiring and is located in a swamp, so the water isn’t drinkable. It stinks to high Heaven with sulfur.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out right. I mean, when you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond. You are allowed to scream. You are allowed to cry. But, you are not allowed to quit. I have Mental health issues too. I take my medication as prescribed, when I can afford to get my prescriptions. The food stamps help with food. In the past I’ve been suicidal. I dream daily of winning the lottery. In my opinion, each state should have their own lottery. $50 a pop and the winner pays half the taxes. Much simpler and the money stays in your state.

The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is an opportunity for growth. Each of us has a daily coping mechanism. What do you really have? A soul. Breathe people. We are all in this together. If you cut me, do I not bleed?
I wish I could be the President of the United states. I’m a Navy Veteran. I was discharged for being homosexual. My own Father thought I would grow out of it. I have been to a few states, I know we all need: food, shelter and love! You may have to find out what love is. You learn by loving yourself. Take yourself out and do the things you like to do. That’s how we learn to love each other. Communication is a big one. Compromise. Compassion.

I guess I’m an independant. I was a Democrat. I do not make enough money to be Republican. I’m a sexual abuse survivor, physical abuse survivor and mental abuse survivor. I’m a survivor. We all are. I survived Catholic school, ha! I’ve worked in our Correctional system as a Correctional officer in the State of Georgia and the state of Michigan.

What can you do? Volunteer at a Shelter, donate stuff you don’t need. Including vehicle’s. Donate the to workers on wheels. People need food, water and shelter. Why can’t you peel open your wallet and donate? I have and I don’t have much. Smile at someone, when your mask is off. We can all do this! I approve this message, ha, ha.
© Copyright 2020 elvismouse (elvismouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236704-What-the-world-needs-now