*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2237888-WHATS-TRUTH-WO-ADEQUATE-INFORMATION
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Article · Contest Entry · #2237888
The 4 Controversies Contest. What's in the news?
All of my life I have never been able to drive except for driving people crazy. Much of my time I spend at home which is normal and something that is well, normal for my lifestyle but unusual for most people, yeah COVID-19 hasn’t seriously impacted my way of life. Welcome to my world.

As for the political scenes and the COVID pandemic I recently read an article about the Spanish Flu https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html and
another https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Information from various sources has caused confusion about masks. What if this is a means to create separation for other reasons than global health relating to COVID-19
https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-re...

A friend often reports to me about the varied information available from many different news sources. I have investigated sources from different reporting agencies and newsgathering groups. If a person only gets information from one source or from only similar sources then the entire story or batch of information is not completely known or understood. One-sided sources are skewed because it is necessary to learn as much as possible about the whole/entire story of a subject. For example, WDC is a writing website. It also is a reviewing website. There are many other activities that WDC has available, but what if only the writing information and nothing else was known about WDC? How would this affect the possible members who are considering joining WDC? They would have one view. They would not know about all the wonderful events and activities available to them.

What if everyone heard only one source of information about the news or one person's view about the news? This would certainly be a very different world. The freedom of speech and ability to share various information a double-edged sword lifestyle. In order to to have freedom of speech, it means it is for everyone and everything.

Therefore it is up to all people to as much as possible determine and decide for themselves the truth of a matter, but if the information is withheld, then people can not make a well-informed decision about their environment and what is happening in their world.

I strongly suggest that everyone research for as much information as possible about anything especially the issues of the greatest current importance.

I do not take the COVID-19 pandemic lightly, but I trust God and believe He will take care of me during these trying times. This is a test. What are we going to do in order to have a future?

447 words
Minimum 1200 words

PROMPT: You must write about COVID-19. Whatever the word does or doesn't mean to YOU. Tell me about your religion, or lack thereof; describe how you've been coping with this year's ups and downs. If you haven't been so impacted by it, then talk about the politics, the medicine, something CONTROVERSIAL! What drawer do you file away your hopes and disappointments for humanity in? Yes, I want to know! It has to be TRUE. Because this is NON-Fiction. It also has to be controversial. I'm looking for OPINIONS here amid the facts. Lots and lots of opinions!

Give me opinions, but also give me YOUR conclusions (even if you're not sure) Teach me something

More information? Be OPINIONATED. Be VERY opinionated. This is not the time to be 'PC', or politically correct! You should support your opinions through examples, analogies, comparing and contrasting (perhaps). Include a statistic or two if needed (more technical subjects often require some stats, peeps!) and...crafty writing


2583 characters, 445 words. Readability level: 11-12th grade student.
© Copyright 2020 dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG (vpbanjo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2237888-WHATS-TRUTH-WO-ADEQUATE-INFORMATION