*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2237968-No-captions-just-read
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Teen · #2237968
Well, this is just a little something out of my experience
I sat on the bench outside the building where prom was taking place. It was a beautiful night; the stars were shining brightly and the moon was gleaming. I sat there in my long, strapless, red dress with the train of the gown laying on the grass. I looked at the moon and sighed, wishing I could share this view with someone.

Knowing that it was never going to happen, I stood up and faced the direction of the building. As I was about to enter, a girl came out of the building smiling and dancing as she made her way to where I sat. She paused for a minute and twirled in the fancy black dress she wore. She was swaying in the moonlight, her hair was flowing to the rhythm of the wind and she was smiling as she took a seat. Not too long afterward, I heard the door open again and I turned around to see a face I hadn’t seen in a long time. A person my heart had yearned for for a long time, the guy I was head over heels in love with (or so I thought). He was well dressed in his tuxedo and with a rose in hand, was headed straight to where the girl was.

Curious of how things would play out, I hid behind the big oak tree that was not too far from the spot I had recently been. She looked surprised to see him standing there, like she wasn’t expecting him.

“I… got you this rose,” he said as he handed the flower to her.

She seemed really touched as she took the rose with a smile on her face. They were talking for a while and I listened in. After a while I got bored and was about to leave when he said something that froze me in my tracks.

“I love you.”

I peeked again from behind the tree and listened.

“I’ve been trying to tell you this whole time, but I was too scared. I could not imagine my life without you and I was hoping you’d feel the same way”

I was shocked and judging by the look on the girl’s face, I could tell she was shocked, too. So many things were rushing through my mind; thoughts running through my head, my adrenaline was rushing, I couldn’t even move my feet. All of this paused for a moment when I heard another voice in reply;
“I love you more,” she said as she smiled with tears of joy.

I watched this whole thing go down and I was unable to turn away. Just then, he pulled her in and kissed her. Something came down on me and I knew exactly what it was; it was my heart. It was aching, it was breaking into so many pieces. Pieces that couldn’t be brought back together, pieces that turned into dust. Tears rolled down my eyes as I watched them displaying their affection toward each other. I couldn’t bear the sight anymore. I took off my heels and began sprinting away as fast as possible. I had seen too much, I had just witnessed my crush confessing his love to another woman. As I ran, I stopped when I saw a friend of mine with his girlfriend; they were having their own dance party in the hallway. I quickly wiped my tears before he saw me and asked if I was okay. His girlfriend turned around and gave me a very hostile stare. I told him not to worry and enjoy himself. I turned around and walked away with tears streaming down my face.

I walked to the nearest bus station and sat there waiting for the next bus to come. I had come to prom on my own, my friends came with different groups of people, so no one would really care that I left early. I cried, letting everything out. I screamed at the top of my voice. So much so I had lost my voice.

As the bus came, I stepped in the bus and took a seat near the window. I had to accept the reality; he loved another woman and there was nothing I could about it except to be happy for them. I just remembered what he told her and just cried. I wanted to be the one he loved so dearly, I wanted to be the one he wanted to be with… but all of that was nothing but a mere delusion. Who was I kidding? He wanted nothing to do with me. He didn’t want me in his life. Why did I have butterflies when his flew away from mine? I was never going to be her. With my throat aching, I stepped out of the bus and went into the public bathroom to clean myself up. After what seemed like forever, I was able to wipe my face clean. No one will know I was crying… right?

© Copyright 2020 Wereh M (ruthmasumb3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2237968-No-captions-just-read