*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238080-This-is-a-Strange-Town
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2238080
11/19/20 Daily Flash Fiction 300
“So what happened!?” Billy perched on the edge of the bed, eyes wide with anticipation.
“You’re not going to believe this.” Frank chuckled, leaning forward to tell the tale. “So I visit my cousin Kevin in Pineville where my mom is from, right, and we go to his high school football game. Nothing like the games in the city. Just as country as they wanna be.”
Billy grinned.
“But the game is packed, and I’m walking around the track to the other side with Kev and his boys. We wanna see what the other school’s girls look like. A bunch of guys from the other side was walking around headed straight for us. I’m like...ok. So when we meet, Kev and this other dude square up, and I’m thinking it’s about to be on!”
Billy sat down his gaming control and smashed his fist into his hand.
Frank shook his head no. “Then this other dude reaches into his backpack, and I’m like ‘whoa!’” he paused, “Guess what this fool pulls out?”
“What?”
“A radio. The kind with batteries, like the Energizer Bunny batteries. The dude pushes a button and Run DMC starts to blast. I’m like ‘What the hell!?’”
Billy falls back in wild laughter.
“But wait!” Frank howled, “Guess what they did next!?”
“What?” Billy could hardly contain himself.
“They broke out into a full-fledged breakdance battle!”
“No way!”
“Right there on the track! I’m looking around like….Kev!!?? I’m just standing there with my mouth hanging wide open.”
Tears of laughter streamed down Billy’s cheeks.
“I said ‘man, this is a strange town.’” Frank grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. An old RUN DMC video flashed on the screen. Frank and Billy looked at each other and hysterically fell to the floor.
© Copyright 2020 sreeves311 (sreeves311 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238080-This-is-a-Strange-Town