*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238357-Piece-for-a-Part
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2238357
Be careful, you may give what you take...
"A piece for a part, a part for a piece..." chanted the air of the Snoii-Whaste.

"You just had to eat the carrot..." Fran grumbled while backing into Fred and Franky. "You just had to eat the damn Carrot!"

"A piece for a part, a part for a piece..." continued the voices as the air formed into a whirling wall of snow around the travelers.

"How was I supposed to this would come from eating a single carrot?!" Fred fearfully and genuinely replied.

"Franny...." Young Franky tugged at Fran's sweater while toying with his loose tooth.

"A piece for a part, a part for a piece..." Unrelenting demanded the voices, the snowy air making it to hard to see.

"It will be okay Franky" Fran consoled to then shift back to a chastising tone, "Anything Fred! You've been on enough travels with me to know anything can happen!"

"A PIECE FOR A PART, A PART FOR A PIECE!"

The snowy heavy air ceased its wrath and cleared around the travelers. In its place Fran, Fred, and Franky found themselves surrounded by snowmen. Awfully angry snowmen.

"Sn...Snowmen?" asked Fred.

"No, Froostmehn." Answered Fran noticing unusual parts for a snowman. Human parts. Some had an arm or two. Some had ears. But a good chunk had noses.

"A piece for a part..." Rasped single firm voice from behind the travelers.

Fran, Fred, and Franky turned to witness a larger Froostmehn that had more human parts than the rest. As several arms were ready to strike Fred, Franky had nervously toyed his loosed tooth out. The trio watched as the larger Froostmehn retrieved the tooth and faded away with the other Froostmehn. And then Fran understood the law here.

"A part for a piece."

© Copyright 2020 W. W. Weaver (indigolord21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238357-Piece-for-a-Part