*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238610-Writing-Task-IELTS
by sk
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #2238610
IELTS general writing task 2 essay writing
Writing task 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
The growth of online shopping will one day lead to all shops in towns and cities closing. Do you agree or disagree?

In today's modern era online shopping is becoming increasingly popular. It is argued that an increase in E-commerce will eventually lead to the discontinuation of shops in the immediate neighbourhood. I completely disagree with the statement above because most people would still prefer to shop in person by visiting the supermarkets or shops and online shopping does not give one the leisure time that they seek for in their busy routine.

Firstly, online shopping has its benefits but it does not offer experiential shopping that engages the customer in the actual process of shopping. For instance, physically moving through the aisles of a supermarket while seeing, comparing, and selecting the product is not possible in online mode. On the other hand, one does not get to handle the product in person to determine its quality that might meet up to their expectations, which is possible during physical shopping. For example, grocery shopping becomes very inconvenient as one cannot assure the quality of the same.

Another reason is that online shopping cannot be considered as a leisure activity which allows one to plan and spend their free time actively. Online shopping does not allow people to get socialize as it is a kind of service that is at our fingertips and does not require us to step out of the house. This in turn results in hampering our leisure time as we do not put any effort to step out of our monotonous daily routine. A recent survey suggests that an increase in online shopping has hampered the weekend physical shopping activity with family or neighbours.

To epitomize, online shopping eliminates the physical experience of shopping and it also encourages a sedentary lifestyle. Thusly, albeit online shopping is growing exponentially, shopping by visiting the shops in person will still be popular keeping them active across the cities. (306)

© Copyright 2020 sk (surajkadam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2238610-Writing-Task-IELTS